• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Sylvester

State Captain
Hilfenhaus called up for Lee. Should have figured he would be once he wasn't named in the Tassie side today.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hilf was being rested for the shield game anyway iirc.

As I said way back when the squad got named we're down to like 10th in line or something so I don't really care who they pick. And Hilf OD's performances were better than his shield performances this season.......

Spikey

man it's so weird to be going into lunch on the first day not being totally ****ed

Ruckus

International Captain
Hilf was being rested for the shield game anyway iirc.

As I said way back when the squad got named we're down to like 10th in line or something so I don't really care who they pick. And Hilf OD's performances were better than his shield performances this season.......
I don't see much benefit in picking Hilf though. His list A performances have been ok, but seeing as though the other two contenders were NCN and McDermott (who both have better figures anyway), why not pick one of them? Hilf is an average OD bowler anyway and won't be part of the OD team in the long term, so it seems like a waste of a opportunity to not give one of the promising young players some international exposure. Hell didn't they use that rationale with the selection of Forrest? You've gotta show at least some consistency...

Last edited:

Spikey

But then considering how far down the line we are NCN and McDermott can hardly be said to be long term contenders. They should still be playing cricket in four years time of course, but most of the bowlers who are already of those two bar Lee should be too, inc Hilf. So. And the flipside of it is that McDermott and NCN playing in the shield is possibly a better long time option for Aus cricket. I don't mind it. It's not like we've done something insane and picked Hilf ahead of Bollinger, McKay, Starc, Cummins etc.

Spikey

i mean basically, whoever we pick should ideally never play an OD game again so i mean who cares.

Debris

International 12th Man
Watching the replay. Is cricket the only sport where people are interested in graphs?

benchmark00

Watching the replay. Is cricket the only sport where people are interested in graphs?
The sport of Histogramming, which will be an exhibition sport at this years London Olympics, also centres around graphical representations iirc.

Debris

International 12th Man
The sport of Histogramming, which will be an exhibition sport at this years London Olympics, also centres around graphical representations iirc.
I consider histogramming to be a game more than a sport. It is an outrage that it is being included into the Olympics.