• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
Eng bowlers have applied themselves well considering these surfaces, but I have to :lol: at some of the articles coming out of Eng media about Anderson & Broad being as good as McGrath + Gillespie suddenly... or Graeme Swann claiming Broad's now the best bowler in the world. But then they are *special* friends aren't they

Edit: Also, another gem was Swann coming up with "it's bad luck that I have to bowl to right handers" as an excuse last night. Gold
That was ONE article and it didn't say what you're saying it said. The headline, as sadly so often happens with the UK press - the journalists and columnists who write the articles are never responsible for the headlines -, deliberately misrepresented the article's slant in order to attract readers' attention.

The writer of the article itself, if you'd bothered to read it, expressly made the point that he was NOT claiming they were as good as McGrath & Gillespie, but rather was interested in highlighting similarities in the two new ball pairings' modus operandi.

Before LOLing at "articles coming out of Eng media" you'd do well to actually read said articles, not just the headlines.

Btw, friendly warning: cheap shots about "*special* friends" just make you look like a ******.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ZaltzCricket
ZaltzCricket:
STAT ALERT: Who says England's top order is struggling? The whole top 6 have reached double figures for the first time in 23 Tests.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
The writer of the article itself, if you'd bothered to read it, expressly made the point that he was NOT claiming they were as good as McGrath & Gillespie, but rather was interested in highlighting similarities in the two new ball pairings' modus operandi.
I've not read the article but are you referring to the fact they try to make it as hard as possible to score runs off them? They're always talking about trying to go at less than 3p/o and that if they do that the wickets will come

hazsa19

International Regular
Swann's an overrated bowler who hasn't done all that much since the last (fix-affected) Pak series. Ok he got wickets in 1 game vs Aus and possibly 1 vs India but meh. More bark than bite. There I said it. You may disagree but I feel better now and ain't that the main thing :p

Overrated comedian too
Whacking it into reverse

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That means Ben Hilfenhaus was the best bowler in the world three weeks ago, going by that logic. If he bowls well in the Windies the issue ought to be settled.
Well aside from the Sri Lanka series Broad has basically done it since the backend of the 2009 Ashes series, but stepped it up a notch further this past seven games or so. And you know this, you **** :p

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
That was ONE article and it didn't say what you're saying it said. The headline, as sadly so often happens with the UK press - the journalists and columnists who write the articles are never responsible for the headlines -, deliberately misrepresented the article's slant in order to attract readers' attention.

Before LOLing at "articles coming out of Eng media" you'd do well to actually read said articles, not just the headlines.

Thanks for the reading advice

Btw, friendly warning: cheap shots about "*special* friends" just make you look like a ******.
They're known to be close and I get tired of Swann endlessly kissing his a$$ and so should you

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Another point. You would have thought that Bresnan would come straight back in to the side for Sri Lanka. However with Monty bowling so well you'd assume they're gonna stick with 2 spinners, and they can't exactly just go with 6 batsman the way things are going.

Bell you muppet.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Absolutely stunned. TBH I looked away, turned back and saw the shot and just assumed it would have been Morgan. ****ing hell.