• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Please come back later when he averages the right side of 30. Oh wait, Anderson and Zaheer don't either you say? Hmmm bugger what's happened to all the truly good fast bowlers :@ I guess there's always hope with all the new guns.. e.g. Philander.
My guess is that Jimmy and Broad will both be under 30 by the end of this year. Both averages effected by being crap in their early careers.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Then you'd have understood that it was the mystical thing known as a joke.
Everything Swann says is a bit of a joke so you're probably dead right

Edit: Did he not also say something like "our batsmen are feeling confident" :p

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
would be kinda funny if these 2 win the game for England have looked like walking wickets till this knock.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Eng bowlers have applied themselves well considering these surfaces, but I have to :lol: at some of the articles coming out of Eng media about Anderson & Broad being as good as McGrath + Gillespie suddenly... or Graeme Swann claiming Broad's now the best bowler in the world. But then they are *special* friends aren't they

Edit: Also, another gem was Swann coming up with "it's bad luck that I have to bowl to right handers" as an excuse last night. Gold
Broad's career average isn't relevant to whether he's the best bowler in the world now and if he maintains his form of this and the India series then he's certainly up there.

And as for the Swann comment...just no.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Broad's career average isn't relevant to whether he's the best bowler in the world now and if he maintains his form of this and the India series then he's certainly up there.

That means Ben Hilfenhaus was the best bowler in the world three weeks ago, going by that logic. If he bowls well in the Windies the issue ought to be settled.

Last edited:

hazsa19

International Regular
Eng bowlers have applied themselves well considering these surfaces, but I have to :lol: at some of the articles coming out of Eng media about Anderson & Broad being as good as McGrath + Gillespie suddenly... or Graeme Swann claiming Broad's now the best bowler in the world. But then they are *special* friends aren't they

Edit: Also, another gem was Swann coming up with "it's bad luck that I have to bowl to right handers" as an excuse last night. Gold
You haven't watched/read many Swann interviews before now then?

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man

Swann's an overrated bowler who hasn't done all that much since the last (fix-affected) Pak series. Ok he got wickets in 1 game vs Aus and possibly 1 vs India but meh. More bark than bite. There I said it. You may disagree but I feel better now and ain't that the main thing :p

Overrated comedian too

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
That means Ben Hilfenhaus was the best bowler in the world three weeks ago, going by that logic. If he bowls well in the Windies the issue ought to be settled.
Or Phillander even :)

Steyn was relatively off the boil at home in the last few tests. But no one is going to dispute his no.1 status i don't think :)

I think Broad has to keep producing for 2-3 more years.

Spark

Global Moderator
Swann's an overrated bowler who hasn't done all that much since the last (fix-affected) Pak series. Ok he got wickets in 1 game vs Aus and possibly 1 vs India but meh. More bark than bite. There I said it. You may disagree but I feel better now and ain't that the main thing :p
Indeed as it's a complete non sequitur and has absolutely no relevance to the point