• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Bat the whole day tomorrow and then declare. 2 days is plenty to get rid of England.

The match is basically in the bag. Pakistani batsmen should now be playing for averages.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Why the **** would you declare with a 230 run lead when there will still be over two and a half days left in the Test match, ffs.

If they can, Pakistan should bat out the entire day tomorrow, at least. That would still give them two whole days to bowl England out.
lol... as if England is going to chase down 230..

But I agree should bat the 3rd day and then declare..

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bat the whole day tomorrow and then declare. 2 days is plenty to get rid of England.

The match is basically in the bag. Pakistani batsmen should now be playing for averages.
It's not in the bag. Although they haven't done the business at all this tour, our batsmen are capable of chasing a score around 250 or so. A Cook-Trott partnership could see us along the way. I hope your team share your complacency.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Misbah is a cautious guy, so hopefully his thinking would be different to mine.

I on the other hand can be as over confident as I want. :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nah, bat all day unless rain's forecast. Boot on the throat and all that. Frankly I think Pakistan already have enough, but why on earth take that chance?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah, bat all day unless rain's forecast. Boot on the throat and all that. Frankly I think Pakistan already have enough, but why on earth take that chance?
Reckon we'll skittle them by halfway through the 2nd session tbh.

salman85

International Debutant
The match is in the bag for Pakistan.I don't see England chasing 200 on the 4th innings.This isn't down to the pitch,our bowling,or their batting.This is down to sheer confidence,and England won't have any of it when they chase,be it tomorrow or day after tomorrow.

Pakistan have won this match,and this series 3-0.The only question now is how badly England lose this test.It's been a magnificent start of the year for Pakistan.Every one who questioned Misbah for being defensive,or everyone who questioned our fragile batting lineup can stick Misbah's bat where the sun doesn't shine.

Well done Misbah.Well done Pakistan.What a team.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Reckon we'll skittle them by halfway through the 2nd session tbh.
It's possible, yeah. New ball needs to make inroads, for my money.

Still think the end result will be the same tho.

Some backbone and positive intent from the batsmen would be nice too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Don't get me wrong, I completely understand why everyone has written us off at this point. But I have faith in our bowlers, and basically I believe if we get the two batsmen that are in currently, the rest will come easy. They then just have to bat with brains, they're going to be chasing on a third day pitch if all goes to plan so there's no reason why we can't chase something between 200 and 300, but that is of course not to say that they will.

I think we will win though. Because what kind of bloody optimist would I be if I didn't?

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
The match is in the bag for Pakistan.I don't see England chasing 200 on the 4th innings.This isn't down to the pitch,our bowling,or their batting.This is down to sheer confidence,and England won't have any of it when they chase,be it tomorrow or day after tomorrow.

Pakistan have won this match,and this series 3-0.The only question now is how badly England lose this test.It's been a magnificent start of the year for Pakistan.Every one who questioned Misbah for being defensive,or everyone who questioned our fragile batting lineup can stick Misbah's bat where the sun doesn't shine.

I hope you're right but England could bite back.

Younis may well have shown England the way to bat, and if England apply themselves they could chase 300 with their deep batting, who knows if a few quick wickets tumble, pak have a long tail.

screamingfields

School Boy/Girl Captain

Wait. The pitch did look slightly flat. And I do not want the team to be complacent. England went with no mindset. Maybe even complacent. But Pakistan were confident if anything. Good performance.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer

Younis may well have shown England the way to bat, and if England apply themselves they could chase 300 with their deep batting, who knows if a few quick wickets tumble, pak have a long tail.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach

This is how Younis has always played spin and will continue to because he is a class player of spin. The English batsmen on the other hand can't just change their technique overnight simply because they saw Younis play a masterful innings.