• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Howe_zat

Audio File
I have no desire to talk about the cricket today. Here's a picture of a baby reindeer.

Awww. Doesn't that make you feel a bit better?

WELP

Time to go get drunk

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Went to the game on day 1 and whilst the bowling was generally excellent, most of the batting was appalling.

As others have said, there is no way that it was a 16 wicket in one day and si it doesnt surprise me that the Pakistanis are cashing in today

England's bowlers must be absolutely spewing

fatt

U19 12th Man
I have no desire to talk about the cricket today. Here's a picture of a baby reindeer.

Awww. Doesn't that make you feel a bit better?

WELP

Time to go get drunk
Should change the thread title to "The Baby Reindeer Thread" and infract any further attempts to discuss cricket

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Modernity of the day
In years gone by, it is highly unlikely that Stuart Broad would have been given out in the manner he was. Using his considerable height to stretch a long way forward, Broad would, almost certainly, have enjoyed the benefit of any doubt despite Saeed Ajmal's doosra striking him on the pad. Times have changed. Since the adoption of the DRS, batsmen using their pads to block the ball can no longer rely on any such benefits. Here, Broad was adjudged not out by the on-field umpire, only for Pakistan to review the decision and the ball-tracking technology to show the ball hit in line and was going on to hit middle stump. So, does that represent progress? Or has the balance swung too far to the benefit of bowlers? It depends on your point of view. But DRS has certainly changed the game.
From cricinfo plays of the day..

Has the balance swung too far to the benefit of bowlers? NO....Batsmen need to use their bats more than their pads...as simple as that.

screamingfields

School Boy/Girl Captain
Right now. Extra runs will do better than a declaration. I say declare well above 200. Say 230. Great from both batsmen. And do not, give England a chance. Keep it so tight, get them out for under 150 straight up.

BeeGee

International Captain
Right now. Extra runs will do better than a declaration. I say declare well above 200. Say 230. Great from both batsmen. And do not, give England a chance. Keep it so tight, get them out for under 150 straight up.
Why the **** would you declare with a 230 run lead when there will still be over two and a half days left in the Test match, ffs.

If they can, Pakistan should bat out the entire day tomorrow, at least. That would still give them two whole days to bowl England out.

smash84

The Tiger King
Why the **** would you declare with a 230 run lead when there will still be over two and a half days left in the Test match, ffs.

If they can, Pakistan should bat out the entire day tomorrow, at least. That would still give them two whole days to bowl England out.
haha......true

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
What? They'll get the lead to 500 if they can...there is 3 whole days left ffs