• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Spark

Global Moderator
Geez England's bowlers must be pissed off right now. Three Tests now they've worked their asses off to put England in some very strong positions only to see their batsmen - all of them, but especially the middle order - throw it away by folding like an old sock.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Where do you live? Israel?
Singapore.

Cool. Well, see if they'll let you stream the cricket on your lap top :)
Haha, they don't even allow camera phones in camp, forget laptops. It's also on an island which means there might not be 3G available. If there is 3G, I'm going to get my iPhone modified for $30 or so to get the camera removed so I can still use the internet at night.

Will get to book out on weekends and stuff so it's not too bad I suppose.

dfx-

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
"In an ideal world, in which hackneyed assumptions about 'weight of runs' were set aside in favour of a realistic acceptance of consistent patterns of underperformance under certain conditions by some senior players over a number of years..."

KP and Bell would both be dropped for the next Test.
Excellent post, kind of what I was getting at before this test in the "changes to the English team" thread. But again the focus will be on Morgan and someone will come in for him and Pietersen and Bell will stay based on past or as PEWS put it "bonus runs" and nothing will change..

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Really happy with Pakistan's bowling effort. Hopefully we can get them out cheap tomorrow morning so they will only have a minimal lead and will have to chase at the end. :) Only concern was why Misbah wasn't using the pacers since they got the early wickets. I think it's a mistake to use spinners when the ball is still new.

Broad asking for a night-watchman :laugh:

salman85

International Debutant
Pakistan is going to win this one too.

I don't see England taking a lead larger than 50.Pakistan will end up scrambling to 180-200 in the 2nd innings,and then England will crumble.A repeat of the 2nd test,albeit with very low scoring 1st innings from both sides.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Agree with Salman

GIMH is talking ****. :p

Off-topic:

I knew a guy from Singapore at Birmingham Uni. According to him national service made him a better man.So good luck Daemon.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Pakistan is going to win this one too.

I don't see England taking a lead larger than 50.Pakistan will end up scrambling to 180-200 in the 2nd innings,and then England will crumble.A repeat of the 2nd test,albeit with very low scoring 1st innings from both sides.
We'll win this one tomorrow
:laugh: I love the eternal optimists going against each other.

hazsa19

International Regular
Does anyone just want to see a ****ing century with some nicely executed strokes?

Fed up with this ******** show of batting

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
See, your argument loses all credibility when you're advocating dropping KP and Bell yet retaining Morgan who barely averaged 40 against the same attacks you're deriding Pietersen and Bell for cashing in against.

Occasionally players have bad series. If we took your approach to team selection we'd be chopping and changing every couple of Tests. It also completely ignores the lack of candidates beating the door down for selection.
My argument only loses all credibility in a parallel universe in which I have said what you are trying to claim I said. Clearly you either have major reading comprehension problems or are one of those tedious people one occasionally encounters on Internet forums who prefers to argue against not other people's genuine positions but ones they have invented at random for their own benefit, i.e. "straw men".

I have made clear on a number of occasions not only that I do not rate Morgan as a Test class batsman but that I couldn't care less whether or not he's replaced. I never said he ought to be retained, but that I would drop KP and Bell BEFORE dropping him because dropping them and finding reliable batters for the 4 and 5 slots would go further to solving England's batting problems than making a meh change like plugging in Bopara for Morgan.

The point I have been hammering away at in multiple posts is that dropping an inexperienced number 6 batsman, who has not played this quality of spin bowling in these sorts of conditions before and from whom - given those circumstances - any reasonable selector would have looked upon significant scoring contributions as a bonus, is absolutely the wrong response when infinitely more experienced nos. 4 and 5 batsmen, upon whom the team really are counting for runs, are doing no better (averaging around 10 runs apiece).

If a reputable surveyor told you that your house was structurally undermined, and needed to be reinforced or it would collapse, would you spend your remaining money on this critical reinforcement work, or think, "no, I'll wing it; I reckon I can get another few years out of this structure yet", and spend money you could have spent reinforcing the building on a fancy firm of interior decorators?

Responding to England's atrociously inept batting on this tour by replacing Morgan is like spending money on the posh interior decorating firm rather than on the structure itself. Fixing NECESSARY elements like KP (4) and Bell (5) is a far greater priority than replacing one CONTINGENT element who may or may not come good in Morgan with another one in Bopara or whoever.

Morgan is batting at six, FFS! Each time he's been called out to bat, much better and more experienced players than him have already failed miserably,swearing at the heavens, cursing the umpires and DRS, and generally doing everything BUT facing up to their own inadequacies as they walked back to the pavilion. Notwithstanding the fact that I don't rate Morgan and think he should be axed, I reckon that making him a scapegoat when others who should have been better equipped to succeed than him have failed just as miserably would be bloody unfair.

Broad has just come of age; he has worked hard and for me now has the tools to change Test matches on a consistent basis with both bat and ball. That is what an all rounder is and that is why for me he could become the first genuine allrounder since the great 80s quartet (Flintoff for a variety of reasons couldn't do it consistently; Kallis' bowling has never really been more than fourth seamer stuff; Watson for me is decent but doesn't really have the wow factor a true allrounder should have).

The guy has been absolute brilliant on this tour; his bowling has been world class and his 58* was the most convincing England batting performance I've seen so far. I honestly reckon he could have got a century had not Bell and Prior wasted reviews which meant that Monty couldn't review the poor decision he copped.

Yet Broad may as well have not bothered, for all the support he's had from the likes of Bell and KP. If he's pissed off with the batters, you can be sure his ire is not directed at Morgan, but at 4 and 5, who have contributed nothing. I predicted their poor performance and was called stupid by people like you. I also predicted that even when they continued to be inept right to the bitter end, mugs like you would retort with the old "they're just having a bad series" shtick. It's not your fault, so keep going. Keep pretending that I have said what I haven't said:

"Look at that moron, he thinks Morgan is better than KP or Bell!" (s******, s******)

Those who have actually read my posts, and are intelligent enough to understand what I've written, know better. And one day even you will have to accept that I was right, and Bell and KP aren't just having a bad series. The truth is, they aren't all that.