• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Howe_zat

Audio File
Wonderful Morgan, it's anoying because Ravi might just get picked at the perfect time for him and get runs against Sri Lanka and West Indies, meaning that we won't see Taylor untill he is chucked in during the middle of the SA series.
****. Didn't think of this.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bigger issue is that he can't get right back, that was a reasonably short ball and he still had to play it from the crease because he could only push/rock back, rather than actually step back with his back leg.
Yeah well that's all to do with having too much to do, as well as all his weight going forward.

Daemon

England's best batsmen is in now, one more wicket will bring the second best to the crease. 200 is on imo.

benchmark00

**** sake, turn that stump microphone off. Hearing Akmal squeel every ball makes Pakistan matches almost unwatchable.

flibbertyjibber

get at least another wicket before England get to 100.....please please please
Actually make for a great game if England are 6 or 7 down overnight. Go in 5 down and have a good morning and the game may be beyond Pakistan.

Doubt i'll see much more of it after the next few overs anyway.

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
See, I agree with quite a lot of what you say, but it's somewhat futile/annoying when you talk so definitively about KP/Bell needing runs or they will be dropped, as opposed to should be dropped.
You're right, and I apologise. I feel so strongly about this subject, and am so desperate to shake the selectors and my fellow England fans out of their self-induced complacency as to the adequacy of our middle order batting, that I occasionally go too far.

You can take all future posts on this subject as if they had been prefaced by the following, (which will go unwritten, as it is a bit of a mouthful):

"In an ideal world, in which hackneyed assumptions about 'weight of runs' were set aside in favour of a realistic acceptance of consistent patterns of underperformance under certain conditions by some senior players over a number of years..."

KP and Bell would both be dropped for the next Test.

Eventually, the patterns I've identified will become conventional wisdom, and the people accusing me of being "as stupid as stupid gets", or of hating on Bell because he screwed my sister/girlfriend/pet, will all too predictably crawl out of the woodwork, and jump on one of the many bandwagons they spend their lives waiting for.

Last edited: