• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
KP probably needs Bell to fail to survive the axe for the next Test.
See, I agree with quite a lot of what you say, but it's somewhat futile/annoying when you talk so definitively about KP/Bell needing runs or they will be dropped, as opposed to should be dropped.

Stapel

International Regular
yeah I am old school benefit of doubt goes to batsman n all...
I agree. A ball that might or might not hit the outer half of leg stump should NOT be given out. My gut simply says that is not what cricket is about. However, if an umpire has a minimal doubt about a very faint edge for an LBW decision, he can give the batsman out. In such a case, the batsman can easily refer the decison as he knows he had a an edge or not. But to KNOW whether a ball would marginally hit the leg stump is just guessing.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I agree. A ball that might or might not hit the outer half of leg stump should NOT be given out. My gut simply says that is not what cricket is about. However, if an umpire has a minimal doubt about a very faint edge for an LBW decision, he can give the batsman out. In such a case, the batsman can easily refer the decison as he knows he had a an edge or not. But to KNOW whether a ball would marginally hit the leg stump is just guessing.
Why? What's the leg stump for, decoration?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I agree. A ball that might or might not hit the outer half of leg stump should NOT be given out. My gut simply says that is not what cricket is about.
There are 3 stumps for a reason. If anything, the DRS is too conservative with balls projected to hit leg stump.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bell 3* from 25.

This won't end well.

He has arguably the best footwork of our top order too, so a bit of positivity might be the go.

Stapel

International Regular
There are 3 stumps for a reason. If anything, the DRS is too conservative with balls projected to hit leg stump.
I agree with that. My point was merely about the fact that a batsman hardly has a clue whether the umpire's decison (going on to hit outer half of leg stump) was any good.