• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd like to apologise for this post as parts of it (well all of it basically) were clearly out of line. Sorry Burge; didn't mean anything personal by the generic insults obv.

I've been given an infraction for it, that I not only agree with entirely but actually suggested, which I guess just goes to show that mods are human too and are not only prone to brain snaps when under personal pressure but are responsible for them under the rules.

I can't help but feel partly responsible for the sort of awful posting that followed, but anyway guys, put a lid on the insults, trolling, baiting etc. This thread's under a close watch now.
We cool man :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
lol....you removed the word "rare" before brain
Yeah I decided brain snaps weren't that rare for me; it's just rare they materialise on CW. Anyway, terrible post from anyone, let alone a mod, but I'll cop the infraction and move on. If I ever got to a point where I actually got a ban I'd step down.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Got a lot of time for both Azhar and Shafiq. Sure, not the most talented or technically flawless players to ever exist but they've got plenty of one thing Pakistan have lacked at times - ticker.
With Shafiq I always reckon anyone with a half decent inducker would fancy their chances with the way he plants and plays around his front pad. Seems to work for him tho.

Daemon

Yeah I decided brain snaps weren't that rare for me; it's just rare they materialise on CW. Anyway, terrible post from anyone, let alone a mod, but I'll cop the infraction and move on. If I ever got to a point where I actually got a ban I'd step down.
Well lets hope you don't get another infraction for discussing your infraction in public :p

Spark

Global Moderator
With Shafiq I always reckon anyone with a half decent inducker would fancy their chances with the way he plants and plays around his front pad. Seems to work for him tho.
Yeah he's by no means a fantastic or world-class batsman, but he'll scrap despite it. I like that, Pakistan needs young batsmen like him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well lets hope you don't get another infraction for discussing your infraction in public :p
I thought it was important to stop people thinking "well if a mod can say that.." and then being surprised when they got an infraction for something similar.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I thought it was important to stop people thinking "well if a mod can say that.." and then being surprised when they got an infraction for something similar.
The "good cop, bad cop" thing only works when there's two people doing it. You can't be both...

Daemon

Was referring to the bit where you said 'you don't agree with it'.

Anyways, don't reply, lets move on.

Shafiq to definitely score that gritty 50.

Spark

Global Moderator
Why do you think that? Have they been especially sloppy or something?
My guess is that they look like they'd rather be anywhere else. KP in particular - took the catch to leave Pakistan 7/47 (I think) and immediately started having a whinge.