• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah struggle to see England doing anything but amusing anyone who enjoys batsmen looking clueless against high quality spin (like me)

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep. Will get trounced in the ODIs. Not as if we have a particularly good bowling lineup to make up for any inevitable batting failings in this format. Its alright but certainly not good enough.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Forty overs of spin might be a bit much though, especially given one day pitches are usually a fair bit flatter in general.
You've forgotten how ******** our batting is (i) in ODIs, (ii) in Asia and (iii) against spin. Witness the way we made Sharma, Jadeja, Raina, and whatever other crap was bowling at us in India look effective. If I've got any names wrong there it's because I didn't watch the series.

I expect Pakistan to win 6-0. Wins by 100+ runs count double.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
You've forgotten how ******** our batting is (i) in ODIs, (ii) in Asia and (iii) against spin. Witness the way we made Sharma, Jadeja, Raina, and whatever other crap was bowling at us in India look effective. If I've got any names wrong there it's because I didn't watch the series.

I expect Pakistan to win 6-0. Wins by 100+ runs count double.
Except that we're only playing 4 ODIs and 3 T20s the latter of which we're not half bad at.

If I'm honest I've got more hopes for us in the One Dayers if we bring in some of the A team which is somewhat strange considering how their tour of Bangladesh went.

Still can always hope for a decent game in the final test. Although if I'm honest I'd settle for a draw at this stage.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd like to know whether Ashley Giles' bowling average would have been considerably better were he afforded the luxury of bowling to his own team. Especially Ian Bell.

Jacknife

International Captain
While we play spin crap, they don't play it too flash either and playing against Pakistan isn't the same as India in India imo against Dhoni and Kohli etc but we'll wait and see, I expect both the one day format to be quite competitive, but hey that's just me.

First things first, this lot better restore some pride and win the last test, that's what matters before we move onto to our other No1 ranking.

Jacknife

International Captain
Except that we're only playing 4 ODIs and 3 T20s the latter of which we're not half bad at.

If I'm honest I've got more hopes for us in the One Dayers if we bring in some of the A team which is somewhat strange considering how their tour of Bangladesh went.

Still can always hope for a decent game in the final test. Although if I'm honest I'd settle for a draw at this stage.
Well the only ones I'd bring in from the A tour would be Buttler, Kieswetter, Samit and Bairstow. Buck seems to be bowling a lot better than some of the other more recognized names like ****bag and Woakes, so he might be worth a look at.