• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would be so funny if England won the third Test by an innings and 350 runs now. Could happen too because I've heard Pakistan are unlikely to recall Sami.

salman85

International Debutant
In all seriousness,i want Gul dropped for the last match.Let's give Hafeez a rest too.

Bring in Wahab Riaz to replace Gul,and let's go in with a pace attack of 2 left armers.Gul has been completely toothless.Promote Azhar to open perhaps,and Umar Akmal can take the spot vacated by Hafeez.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Did they even bowl Junaid in that final innings?

But yeah, Gul has to go. His action looks completely shot. And you can't keep a bowler of Riaz's pace and potential out forever.

Best not tamper with the batting though. 3-0 is the only way to go.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In all seriousness,i want Gul dropped for the last match.Let's give Hafeez a rest too.

Bring in Wahab Riaz to replace Gul,and let's go in with a pace attack of 2 left armers.Gul has been completely toothless.Promote Azhar to open perhaps,and Umar Akmal can take the spot vacated by Hafeez.
Why the hell would you leave out Hafeez? Part of a settled opening pair, key bowler...

The players under threat are the seamers - Junaid for Wahab is logical, but I'm not sure who else is a contender for Gul - who hasn't bowled badly.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
We could have got Talha in for Gul. He was in the squad and got 4 wickets against England on these pitches when he played for the PCB XI. However he has had an injury and has been sent home. :(

Talha is also supposed to be the quickest in Pakistan at the moment.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm indebted to Vic Marks's article in yesterday's Guardian for this, but of all England's #8-11 test batsmen, Stuart Broad now leads the way. Cricinfo.

Of those with more than 500 runs he averages nearly 5 runs more than his nearest rival, one CC Lewis. Swanneh also up there in fourth spot too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, having two of your best ever at once really is a massive asset. Looks like Swann would've batted eight for England in basically any other era. Competent batting bowlers is definitely a more modern thing though so it's not altogether surprising.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha, having two of your best ever at once really is a massive asset. Looks like Swann would've batted eight for England in basically any other era. Competent batting bowlers is definitely a more modern thing though so it's not altogether surprising.
If anything Swann's underachieved with the bat for England. On FC records alone, Swann would bat 8 and Broad 9.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If anything Swann's underachieved with the bat for England. On FC records alone, Swann would bat 8 and Broad 9.
I think it's more that Broad has "over-achieved" (realistically he's just improved a lot since he stopped playing domestic cricket regularly) than Swann under-achieving. First Class average of 26 and Test average of 23 seems a fair enough conversion to me; although I think Swanneh's probably unachieved with the bat at all levels tbf.

Bouncer

State Regular
We could have got Talha in for Gul. He was in the squad and got 4 wickets against England on these pitches when he played for the PCB XI. However he has had an injury and has been sent home. :(

Talha is also supposed to be the quickest in Pakistan at the moment.
Talha??? I would take a a crippled guy over gul for what he has been doing as the lead/strike bowler for years now.

Bouncer

State Regular
Would be so funny if England won the third Test by an innings and 350 runs now. Could happen too because I've heard Pakistan are unlikely to recall Sami.
PEWS, is this an account that is used on hourly basis by Faizan Lakhani,Salim Jaffer, Rashid Latif, Muneer Hussain, couple of those annoying commentators that also have TV shows and everyone else from KCCA?

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Well Talha has a spine injury or something, i would have loved to see him in 3rd test for Junaid but he has left UAE by now i think. Junaid was a disappointment tbh not because of his bowling but because of his incompetence in the field with the dropped catch as well as him not supporting Gul in the end and throwing his wicket away to a reckless shot.

As for dropping Hafeez, I am not sure thats a good idea..he is our best opening option and quite a handy bowling option...Asad batted really well under pressure so I don't think their is a reason to drop him for Umar Akmal. I would say bring Wahab in for Junaid and leave the rest as it is.

smash84

The Tiger King
because I only took quotes from some 5 or 6 initial pages. I was at work I will probably do another round tonight where your silly predictions will be plain for all the world to see :p

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Really excited about the ODI's now because of Afridi. Will Pakistan play all 4 spinners (Afridi, Ajmal, Hafeez, Rahman)?

Hafeez
Farhat (I want someone else but they will play him)
Shafiq
Younis
Misbah
Afridi
Adnan
Wahab
Gul
Rahman
Ajmal