• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Same could be said about Ponting/Hussey tbf

But then Ponting and Hussey also happen to be good OD batsmen

Spikey

Wed Feb 8
India v Sri Lanka
Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth

Tue Feb 14
India v Sri Lanka
Adelaide Oval

Commonwealth Bank Series
Tue Feb 21
India v Sri Lanka
Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane

Tue Feb 28
India v Sri Lanka
Bellerive Oval, Hobart

Which match will he do it in

Spikey

He is understood to be enthusiastic about playing for New South Wales in a pair of fixtures against Tasmania in Hobart

I don't

Spikey

on the other hand, not playing a shield match in hobart isn't that bad #KeepThatAverageHigh

Spikey

ok now I like peter forrest, but you overlook him in the aus a game to fit in bailey because you wanted to make him T20 captain, and then you pick him in the aus od squad where his OD average this season is 29 (which i guess is an improvement on his average of 26). COME ON

AND THEN YOU PICK DAVID HUSSEY TOO OH MY GOD WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING

e: Peter Forrest picked for his leadership skillz obvz

Spark

Global Moderator
Michael Clarke (c)
David Warner
Ricky Ponting
Peter Forrest
Dan Christian
David Hussey
Michael Hussey
Matthew Wade
Brett Lee
Ryan Harris
Mitch Starc
Xavier Doherty
Clint McKay
Mitch Marsh (released for first two matches to play in the Shield)

Hmm...

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Good to see McKay in there, did nothing wrong at all for Australia in the past. Bowling attack looks strong. Unsure about David Hussey and Forrest being there.

Spikey

don't think they could have picked a worst squad if they tried. i mean, winning this doesn't really that much. think of the future ffs. dussey, mussey, ponting, harris, forrest and lee ain't gonna be there at 2015. pick some of them, but not all of them. jesus christ.

and dussey frickin sucks remember. JESUS

Last edited:

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Peter Forrest is one of the weirdest selections I've seen since the World Cup squad last year. I can only assume he's been picked on the back of his great Shield performances this season and they are hoping he'll come good in ODI's within 4 years. :S

Given that the squad is only named for the first 3 games, it'll be interesting to see who they give a run to in the second half of the series.

Edit: Or perhaps they are considering him for the test tour of West Indies and want to give him a taste of international cricket? Still a strange choice.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
So I guess it means Christian is almost a lock and Forrest/Dussey are competing for a spot