• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Howe_zat

Audio File
Meanwhile, in the cricket, we've bowled excellently today. If we can keep our top order intact in the first 15 overs or so, we should have this. Otherwise, it'll be edge of the seat city, and god knows what can happen in those situations.

6-62. Wafg.
Yep.

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
Classy bowling from Monty. England should play two spinners more often.

That should be a match winning performance.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Meanwhile, in the cricket, we've bowled excellently today. If we can keep our top order intact in the first 15 overs or so, we should have this. Otherwise, it'll be edge of the seat city, and god knows what can happen in those situations.

Yep.
I have no means of watching this, so we're good.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If we don't get these then we don't deserve to win the series. A studio full of glass-half-empty merchants really isn't what I want to hear here, Sky. We get out there and get on with it.

How many times has 145 or below been defended?
It's an age thing Neil - those of us who were around in 81 always get twitchy about targets that size

.... but it should be a walk in the park

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like the Ten Sports stats guy has been reading my links. I should really stop doing this research for the rest of the world to steal.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It's an age thing Neil - those of us who were around in 81 always get twitchy about targets that size

.... but it should be a walk in the park
Trent Bridge in 2005 doesn't help either, even if we did squeak home.

Nor does Multan in 2005, even if it was a higher target.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Taufeeq is a possibility but he hit a double ton a few Tests ago and is averaging about 50 since his recall, so it'd be a little harsh.

The other options are giving him the gloves, or going with a four man attack (including Hafeez), neither of which seem like great ideas to me.

I just get the huge push for him to play though, personally. He's not that good; not yet anyway. It's far more stupid that Fawad Alam is not playing.
Missed a not in the last line, i guess. :p

The point about having Akmal in the team though he may not be that good right now is that he gives their team a different dimension in terms of his batting type/pace. The batsman right now all seem to be too similar in many respects. Also, on these type of surfaces he is pretty good actually and especially against Spin when he is using his feet taking the attack to the opposition. His problem is throwing away his wicket most of the time, but in relatively low scoring matches that shouldn't as much of a hinderance as he is more likely than either Asad or Azhar to play a match winning knock too.

I agree on Fawad Btw, but he seems to have really pissed off the Pakistani selectors somehow for a while now. Been on ignore almost.:wacko:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Misbah is not a top-order batsman, and scoring plenty of 70-80s does very nicely for a number 5. More to the point, there are countless very good Test batsmen who have limited strokeplay. Decision-making is just as vital a skill.
That's just silly, how many batsmen can you assume would have faced the same number of balls? Not to mention this completely contradicts your earlier assertion that "My issue is not with scoring runs or not scoring runs".
No it doesn't and this is where you are missing the point. I know Misbah is scoring runs, my point is him scoring 70 is not benefiting Pakistan the way it would have if Younis or a Trott or a Hussey gets a score. Of course the fact the other batsmen failed to deliver led to this downfall but that is a different matter. My point that despite Misbah being in form and despite him getting the starts and the runs, Pakistan is not benefiting as much as they should from an in form batsman because their in form batsman is invariably finding himself running out of partners and not being able to use his good form to add at least 30 runs to the total.

When your entire team fails to make more than 260 twice, the man making 80 every match is not to blame. Not by a long way.
If you were familiar with my previous posts and my opinions on Pakistani batsmen, you would not be making that post. I have repeatedly said that I think Hafeez and Taufeeq are crap and have no expectations from them. The fact that Hafeez scored 80 odd in the first match told me that he has scored more than his share of runs for the series.

Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq are reasonably talented players who are still coping with the pressure of test cricket.

The majority of the blame goes to Younis Khan and Misbah ul Haq for the batting debacle and just because I hand't yet talked about Younis does not mean I am not blaming him for this failure.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Well played England. Always expected them to come back. While there is no shame losing to the best team in the world in a test match, there are various Pakistan needs to improve and more importantly, the failure of the best batsman in the team when needed the most was extremely disappointing.