• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So what you're saying is - Cheema bowled better than a bloke who wasn't match fit (and who was then dropped) and a bloke who bowled largely rubbish? It's not really a big compliment. :p
Ok but he was really good in the second innings, was pretty unlucky. Admit that.

Would you have dropped him for Khan btw?

salman85

International Debutant
England in a very strong position at the moment. If they can even have a lead of 50 (which is the bare minimum that I expect) then their bowling can see them easilty skittle Pak for 150 or less.

England will have to do a pre-Misbah Pakistan to lose this match
:laugh:

At first,your doomsday predictions used to annoy me.Now they're plain hilarious

The match is only slightly in England's favor at the moment.The momentum was snatched away from them in the last hour or so.Going by how clueless Bell has been against Ajmal so far,there's a very good chance that England's tail will be exposed fairly early tomorrow.They might not even have a lead,and even if they do,it will probably be minimal.

You magnify every small advantage the opposition has by 100.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ok but he was really good in the second innings, was pretty unlucky. Admit that.

Would you have dropped him for Khan btw?
Well I think Junaid is Pakistan's best seamer (with the possible exception of Sami.. :ph34r:) so I definitely would have played him. I think Cheema's better than Gul at the moment but even though it was actually pretty rubbish bowling, Gul delivered a match-winning spell of mediocrity and pies in the first Test so it would have been hard to drop him. I personally think Rehman is pretty redundant when they have Hafeez opening the batting so I probably just would've played all three quicks, but it would have created an even worse tail than normal, and given how little Junaid bowled today it's hard to imagine how Misbah would've handled three quicks...

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Ajmal triumphs once again but my point still stays.

Ajmal is our main strike bowler. If you had to give your second strike bowler only 6 overs then why not Wahab Riaz.
Its ruining Junaids confidence as well as wasting a young talent.

Daemon

Well I think Junaid is Pakistan's best seamer (with the possible exception of Sami.. :ph34r:) so I definitely would have played him. I think Cheema's better than Gul at the moment but even though it was actually pretty rubbish bowling, Gul delivered a match-winning spell of mediocrity and pies in the first Test so it would have been hard to drop him. I personally think Rehman is pretty redundant when they have Hafeez opening the batting so I probably just would've played all three quicks, but it would have created an even worse tail than normal, and given how little Junaid bowled today it's hard to imagine how Misbah would've handled three quicks...
You suck. What does CPL DB think?

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Daemon is quite right actually.
Cheema was as good as any other seamer in the first test. Unfortunately, he has no luck otherwise I would have been a pretty happy man playing Cheema and Riaz/Junaid in this test.

Whenever Gul is near a drop for his performance, he hits back with a fifer and then becomes the worst test bowler again.

Daemon

Daemon is quite right actually.
Cheema was as good as any other seamer in the first test. Unfortunately, he has no luck otherwise I would have been a pretty happy man playing Cheema and Riaz/Junaid in this test.

Whenever Gul is near a drop for his performance, he hits back with a fifer and then becomes the worst test bowler again.
You haven't been watching Indian cricket lately have you?

smash84

The Tiger King
Ajmal triumphs once again but my point still stays..
Given that your argument revolved around Ajmal in the first place so your point doesn't stand :p

:laugh:

At first,your doomsday predictions used to annoy me.Now they're plain hilarious

The match is only slightly in England's favor at the moment.The momentum was snatched away from them in the last hour or so.Going by how clueless Bell has been against Ajmal so far,there's a very good chance that England's tail will be exposed fairly early tomorrow.They might not even have a lead,and even if they do,it will probably be minimal.

You magnify every small advantage the opposition has by 100.
What? You are the Pakistani version of turbinator which implies you don't need to be taken seriously :p

Smali is the best at Ghambiring.
I hate Gambhir :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You suck. What does CPL DB think?
CPLDB thinks the bowling attack was spot on in the first Test but that they should make wholesale changes to their batting lineup.
This is what it wants:

1 Taufeeq Umar
2 Mohammad Hafeez
3 Fawad Alam
4 Younis Khan
5 Misbah-ul-Haq
6 Usman Salahuddin
7 Sarfraz Ahmed
8 Abdur Rehman
9 Umar Gul
10 Saeed Ajmal
11 Aziaz Cheema

EDIT: Actually, the fact that Hafeez is basically a bowler (rated their fourth best) and the bottom five are really dire may make it want to drop Rehman for someone like Malik, but I cbf checking stuff like that with the balance equations. :p That's the best two openers, best four middle order players, best batsman out of the keepers and best five bowlers (Hafeez is #4).

Last edited:

Uppercut

This is what it wants:

1 Taufeeq Umar
2 Mohammad Hafeez
3 Fawad Alam
4 Younis Khan
5 Misbah-ul-Haq
6 Usman Salahuddin
7 Sarfraz Ahmed
8 Abdur Rehman
9 Umar Gul
10 Saeed Ajmal
11 Aziaz Cheema

EDIT: Actually, the fact that Hafeez is basically a bowler (rated their fourth best) and the bottom five are really dire may make it want to drop Rehman for someone like Malik.
Taufeeq, Fawad and Rehman in the same team? I think CPLDB might have turned evil and is now just trying to scare kids.

slowfinger

International Debutant
can't believe england are trying to get Ajmal banned because of their ineptitude to face him, really pisses me off.