• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
KP on twitter:

Oops.. Sometimes those nicks end up falling short of slip!! Next time guys!! We in a great position in this test.. Day 3 is moving day..

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
IMO this game will depend heavily on how we go in our 2nd inningsI do think we will have atleast one innings against this English side when we will get bowledout for a really low score.Hope it comes when the series is secured:)
Tomorrow should be fascinating. Likeliest scenario once our first innings is over is something close to parity, so England will need to bowl out Pak for something very small indeed - say not more than 175. That puts quite a lot of pressure on England's bowlers, which may be a problem. Both sides know that England won't fancy chasing much at all. Hopefully we'll take enough wickets to keep us in the hunt. Pak finishing Day 3 with less than half their wickets gone would put them in an immensely strong position, and it could happen if they apply themselves.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
if a 10 wicket loss within 3 days against a side that doesnt have 2 of its best bowlers doesnt make that clear i dont know what will....to each their own and all that.....just dont see any team beating any one else away from home with the exception of rsa.
Welcome and all that ....

I don't think it's simply a case of not winning overseas - the last Ashes suggests otherwise. And Aus and England have both won tests and drawn series in SA. It's more about where those overseas tests are. The non-Asian sides aren't winning many in Asia, and vice versa.

Welcome and all that ....

I don't think it's simply a case of not winning overseas - the last Ashes suggests otherwise. And Aus and England have both won tests and drawn series in SA. It's more about where those overseas tests are. The non-Asian sides aren't winning many in Asia, and vice versa.
thanks.i dont know that winning tests overseas alone is an indicator of anything.even india and sri lanka won tests in rsa...proves little...series wins are what count.rsa's drawn series can be put down to extenuating circumstances....i take your point that non asian sides wont win many in asia and vice versa.a no1 side has to perform both in and outside asia and none of the teams can do that currently.rsa are perhaps closest but they have some sort of problem winning at home.

the true no1 sides were the great aus and wi sides.they were no1 because they could perform and perform emphatically inside and outside asia.none of the current sides are remotely close to being able to stay competitive away from home for any length of time outside there yards with the exception of rsa.you see what is happening to india and england away from there homes.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
the true no1 sides were the great aus and wi sides.they were no1 because they could perform and perform emphatically inside and outside asia.none of the current sides are remotely close to being able to stay competitive away from home for any length of time outside there yards with the exception of rsa.you see what is happening to india and england away from there homes.
You've mixing up being number one with being a great side, or being dominant. It's not the same thing.

i can see where youre coming from but i dont think there can be a clear no1 side if every team can beat the others only at home. sl ind and pak will lose in eng aus and rsa...rsa aus and eng will lose in sl ind and pak. this being the case the scheduling will have a role to play in determining the hugely flawed icc rankings table..the team with the most potential to be no1 is the rsa side if they can sort out their inexplicable problem of losing tests at home...to teams like ind and sl of all sides.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i can see where youre coming from but i dont think there can be a clear no1 side if every team can beat the others only at home. sl ind and pak will lose in eng aus and rsa...rsa aus and eng will lose in sl ind and pak. this being the case the scheduling will have a role to play in determining the hugely flawed icc rankings table..the team with the most potential to be no1 is the rsa side if they can sort out their inexplicable problem of losing tests at home...to teams like ind and sl of all sides.
Australia will lose in Sri Lanka?

I see.

Jacknife

International Captain
This series has lasted 3 innings. living off past glories implies he has scored nothing for about a year, I swear if he fails in one innings people are ready to jump all over him, is fairly ridiculous.
LOL agree, he's just come off a series as top run scorer and all in all has had a very good last year, like you say though it doesn't take much.

I agree with one or to others that think were in a decent position but obviously that depends on how the likes of Prior, Bell, Broad and Swann can add, which to be fair if they play well can be equally as much as Cook and Trott did. ****e last hour or so, far too defensive from the batsmen, always gets teams in trouble.
Oh yes the bowlers did a brilliant job this morning, couldn't ask anymore from them.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Australia won in Sri Lanka 4 months ago.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** the Pakistani management for not playing Cheema. Clearly weren't watching the last game and went on stats alone. Idiots.

smash84

The Tiger King
England in a very strong position at the moment. If they can even have a lead of 50 (which is the bare minimum that I expect) then their bowling can see them easilty skittle Pak for 150 or less.

England will have to do a pre-Misbah Pakistan to lose this match

smash84

The Tiger King
**** the Pakistani management for not playing Cheema. Clearly weren't watching the last game and went on stats alone. Idiots.
lol.....

dude Cheema isn't as good as you make him out to be :p

tbf though Junaid Khan looks more of a passenger in this innings than Cheema ever did

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol.....

dude Cheema isn't as good as you make him out to be :p

tbf though Junaid Khan looks more of a passenger in this innings than Cheema ever did
After Broad (and possibly Anderson), Cheema bowled the best from the pacers in the first game.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
After Broad (and possibly Anderson), Cheema bowled the best from the pacers in the first game.
So what you're saying is - Cheema bowled better than a bloke who wasn't match fit (and who was then dropped) and a bloke who bowled largely rubbish? It's not really a big compliment. :p