• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does Malinga have to do his hair like that for religious reasons? Been meaning to ask that for a while

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Does Malinga have to do his hair like that for religious reasons? Been meaning to ask that for a while
If any religion requires its adherents to sport a blonde highlighted perm, I think that about wraps it up for God. I refuse to believe a benign deity would suffer such a tonsoril blasphemy.

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
Just going through the commentary at cricinfo:

Gareth: "One stat which amazes me about AB is that he averages over 70 with the bat in matches when he's the keeper, and under 40 when he's relinquished of that duty. Coincidence, most likely, but an interesting coincidence."

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just going through the commentary at cricinfo:
I'd guess "AB as keeper" is a pretty small sample size as of now tho, isn't it?

Interesting anyway. I imagine for all the other players who've had significant keeper/not keeper careers the reverse is true. Is for Stewart and Sanga anyway.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd guess "AB as keeper" is a pretty small sample size as of now tho, isn't it?

Interesting anyway. I imagine for all the other players who've had significant keeper/not keeper careers the reverse is true. Is for Stewart and Sanga anyway.
34 matches, 1863 runs @ 74.52 at a SR of 99.62. 7 tons and 11 50s
Has made merry against Bang/Zim/Neth though

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
34 matches, 1863 runs @ 74.52 at a SR of 99.62. 7 tons and 11 50s
Has made merry against Bang/Zim/Neth though
Why do they always make him keep against minnows? Seems utterly pointless. You'd think that'd be a great opportunity to firstly get another keeper some international experience and secondly make sure one of their most important players doesn't get burnt out doing two jobs...

MrPrez

International Debutant
Why do they always make him keep against minnows? Seems utterly pointless. You'd think that'd be a great opportunity to firstly get another keeper some international experience and secondly make sure one of their most important players doesn't get burnt out doing two jobs...
Because they feel that blooding a new batsman is more important than blooding a new keeper. Agree with the second point.