• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Woodster

International Captain
I don't know which way they'll go tbh, maybe bring Bopara in for Morgan, which allows the extra bowling option and we won't lose any batting. After watching Trott bowl yesterday, I also don't think Bopara would be too bad in these condition, he's skiddy and can bowl reverse quite well . I mean if the pitch is going to be flatter having 2 part timers could be a bonus. They could bring Finn in for Tremlett and probably in hindsight should have done in the first test, where he looked like a guy who hadn't bowled much in the last 6 months, who that's right he hasn't
Will England go into the next test with 2 spinners in a 4 man attack, I just can't see it but they may do. Ideally you'd bring Monty in for Morgan and Finn in for Tremlett but I doubt they'll won't to lose the batting after this last test.
I can't imagine we'd drop a batsman after that performance, whether an incoming bowler could a better job than Morgan with the bat or not. Bopara didn't even make an appearance in either of the warm-up games so I'd suggest he really is only there in case of injury. Morgan is our gun player of spin, one Test and out would be a throwback to the old days unless you do change the balance of the side.

Having watched Tremlett labour through this Test, hindsight may suggest Finn would have been a better option used in sharp bursts and getting the ball through at pace, but then I don't about his fitness and sharpness.

Can Anderson and Broad be considered reliable enough to work in a four-man attack with two spinners ? I would think so. I expect the same top seven, and on the bowling front Monty in for Tremlett.

BeeGee

International Captain
Yeah... a lot of it simply comes down to gut feel... and what kind of viewer you are... if you value sweet strokeplay more, or a good grind :)
If I have to choose between "strokeplay" or a "good grind", I'm going for the "good grind" every time.

:naughty:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Ajmal to Nasser: "You are also Pakistani, you must celebrate, no?"

Jonathan Trott (on twitter) in response: Chennai is in Pakistan now? Very interesting.

:laugh:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Indian fan on Twitter: did u rem in oct2011 eng wre in india,ad how u wre tharshed !!

Trott in response: We are clearly not fit to tie Zimbabwe's boot laces. Why we even play cricket is a mystery.

Trott is one sarcastic guy, lol.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Some guys have started abusing guys like Bumble and Beefy, after the loss today. Sad stuff really that these idiots are giving Indian fans a bad name. :(