• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The basic premise is that when you got a batsman whom you really do not expect to score a 100 or a 50 in this form, might as well replace him with a bowler who might get you a 3/50 and help you bowl out the opposition for much lesser than what they may otherwise make. Is Panesar providing you more as a bowler than a Morgan/Bopara as a batsman? I think the answer is yes and that is why I would pick him.
The basic premise is that we've been bowled out twice for less than 200, so shortening the batting lineup is stupid.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Again, it is not, if you are simply taking out an underperforming batsman who isn't likely to perform any better..

It is not as if you are dropping someone who is making 100s and 50s...

Xuhaib

International Coach
will ot mind if Monty gets a game recently we have played Herath and Shakib so Monty should be too tough to handle. As long as we don't have to play Finn I am happy.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Screw all the discussion about whether this player or that player should play for England ....Pak is going to take this test series....

Fusion

Global Moderator
Haha, the overconfidence after just one match. Let’s hope those quotes don’t become the new sig for GF! :p

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So what are the Avatar bets going on?

Btw, remember faisal being quite confident before the series too. He is like the Pakistani Turbinator.:p

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Avatar bet: whoever has the most points wins

Rules: 2 points per test win
1 point for whichever country has the most centurions over the course of the series
1 point for whichever country has the highest wicket taker over the course of the series
1 point for series win
.5 for Highest scorer each match
.5 highest wicket taker each match

Stipulation: If Furball wins, Agent Nationaux's avatar is mine for 6 months. If Agent Nationaux wins, my avatar is his for 6 months plus 1 month for every point he wins by.

Scores:

2 points to Agent Nationaux for the Test win
No batsman has yet scored a century
Agent Nationaux leads the highest wicket-taker stakes (Ajmal with 10)
Nationaux gets .5 points for highest run scorer (Hafeez)
Nationaux gets .5 points for highest wicket taker (Ajmal)

Nationaux 3-0 Furball

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'll also offer a bet that Ajmal won't take more than 5 wickets in the 2nd Test, bet lasts until the end of the 3rd Test.

Faisal1985

Haha, the overconfidence after just one match. Let’s hope those quotes don’t become the new sig for GF! :p
You should know by now, I just need a tiny reason to go on an optimistic prediction rampage for Pak team... :) This win was a huge reason.

Faisal1985

Avatar bet: whoever has the most points wins

Rules: 2 points per test win
1 point for whichever country has the most centurions over the course of the series
1 point for whichever country has the highest wicket taker over the course of the series
1 point for series win
.5 for Highest scorer each match
.5 highest wicket taker each match

Stipulation: If Furball wins, Agent Nationaux's avatar is mine for 6 months. If Agent Nationaux wins, my avatar is his for 6 months plus 1 month for every point he wins by.

Scores:

2 points to Agent Nationaux for the Test win
No batsman has yet scored a century
Agent Nationaux leads the highest wicket-taker stakes (Ajmal with 10)
Nationaux gets .5 points for highest run scorer (Hafeez)
Nationaux gets .5 points for highest wicket taker (Ajmal)

Nationaux 3-0 Furball
lol and Fusion called me overconfident, fair enough England is no 1 test team but they are quite poor in Asian conditions. As per a stat i read since 2001 England played 22 tests in Asia and won 5 . 4 of those 5 wins were against Bangladesh.....

That is quite a generous bet by Furball....