• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Haha, the overconfidence after just one match. Let’s hope those quotes don’t become the new sig for GF! :p
That's my aim, to avoid going on GF's sig.

Talking about GF, thanks for posting the points update GF. 3-0, looks like 9 months for me at the moment. :cool:

I remember Xuhaib gambling the most for his avatar bet. If Pakistan wins the series, Xuhaib gets GIMH's avatar for 4 years. :-O

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
That's my aim, to avoid going on GF's sig.

Talking about GF, thanks for posting the points update GF. 3-0, looks like 9 months for me at the moment. :cool:

I remember Xuhaib gambling the most for his avatar bet. If Pakistan wins the series, Xuhaib gets GIMH's avatar for 4 years. :-O
Yup remember that one.....that one is pretty big actually...

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Against? Doesn't that mean England would have to win for GIMH to win the bet?
Yeah, read it as Xuhaib getting GIMH's choice of avatar at first.

Surprised Xuhaib betted so big. He is one of the pessimistic Pakistan fans usually.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Think you have it wrong there Cevno. When I said Xuhaib gets GIMH's avatar I meant he controls his avatar for 4 years. So GIMH bet for England.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Not surprising that Smali didn't make a bet, since he didn't want to lose his precious Imran avatar.

(I know you are reading this ****, despite the ban).

Jacknife

International Captain
Panesar was very good for Sussex last season and will be confident after a five-for in the tour match, I personally think they were always going to go with the three pacemen for this Test and it's hard to argue before the game that that was the wrong way to go.

Abu Dhabi is supposedly flatter than Dubai so an extra spinner becomes a real option, especially when Tremlett seemed ineffective and not very threatening. He was economical and so played his part, but his pace was well down on what he should be at that suggests he's not in great rhythmn. It may seem harsh to drop him after just one below standard performance but you've got select an attack that you think is best for the conditions at Abu Dhabi.
I don't know which way they'll go tbh, maybe bring Bopara in for Morgan, which allows the extra bowling option and we won't lose any batting. After watching Trott bowl yesterday, I also don't think Bopara would be too bad in these condition, he's skiddy and can bowl reverse quite well . I mean if the pitch is going to be flatter having 2 part timers could be a bonus. They could bring Finn in for Tremlett and probably in hindsight should have done in the first test, where he looked like a guy who hadn't bowled much in the last 6 months, who that's right he hasn't
Will England go into the next test with 2 spinners in a 4 man attack, I just can't see it but they may do. Ideally you'd bring Monty in for Morgan and Finn in for Tremlett but I doubt they'll won't to lose the batting after this last test.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
England playing with 5 bowlers in any conditions is extremely unwise I would suggest. Don't have the team for it. Broad and Swann are not all-rounders, no matter how much some people like to pretend they are.