• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Presumably the fact that this match is being played in Dubai means it doesn't actually count as a proper Test match? :whistling
:lol: well yes technically Eng haven't dented their away record with this loss have they.. not that that's relevant therefore :p

Also, when was the last time Eng won a series after going 1 down? Maybe not since 1998 at home vs SA or have I missed 1? Ah yes, away to NZ in 2008... but that was NZ after all :p

Furball

Evil Scotsman
RE: Bell being such a good player of spin, I disagree.

His answer, especially early on in his or the bowler's innings, is to head down the wicket and try to bomb him straight back over his head. He plays the shot well, then guys go back and he's happy to pick them off for singles, almost one day style and pounce on anything shorter. Was especially good at it in Australia, when he was taking down Doherty and Beer.

But when he's not confident enough to be doing that, he gets stuck on the crease much more, and has to rely on his little paddle sweep. There's too much premeditation in his game to get away with it against the top class spinners.

EDIT: not saying he's bad, just wouldn't be building him up as much as others have been here.
orthdox > PEWS.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've been waiting a long time for Jimmy to get a 50. This is your moment Jimmy. Don't let me down.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
:lol: well yes technically Eng haven't dented their away record with this loss have they.. not that that's relevant therefore :p

Also, when was the last time Eng won a series after going 1 down? Maybe not since 1998 at home vs SA or have I missed 1?
New Zealand away 2007/08.

You've also missed out the 2005 Ashes.

Ruckus

International Captain
Have you seen our batting?
If Ponting can return to form more permanently, Hussey can maintain his form away from home, Warner solidifies his status as a genuinely good opener, Cowan holds his own just enough to be a serviceable opener, Watson enjoys success at no. 3, and a better keeper replaces Haddin, we might actually have a fairly good batting line up come the 2013 Ashes. Fun times.