• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
Wow, I genuinely thought this England side was a team for ALL conditions (since we were told Swann was the best spinner in the world). I know it's early days in the series, but this is shaping up to being an absolute annihilation especially considering England won the toss.
Why would you think England are a team for all conditions when they hadn't succeeded in the sub con.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Well, that's complete bollocks, but Bell won't make runs today. That's the 2005 version out there today.
Not completely then :p

Ok there was his 1 knock in Cape Town... but that was to save a game.. when has he played an actual match winning innings that you can think of? Apart from against Bangladesh or a demoralized Zaheer-less India? Iirc all but 2 of his Test centuries have come when another batsman in the top 4 has also made 100....

Ahh I see he's now out, bummer :laugh:

hazsa19

International Regular
Not completely then :p

Ok there was his 1 knock in Cape Town... but that was to save a game.. when has he played an actual match winning innings that you can think of? Apart from against Bangladesh or a demoralized Zaheer-less India? Iirc all but 2 of his Test centuries have come when another batsman in the top 4 has also made 100....

Ahh I see he's now out, bummer :laugh:
Pretty sure he played a match winning innings against India at TB when England were under pressure.

Spark

Global Moderator
Indeed. He had similar problems with Ashwin's "Doosra" too, and Ajmal has a even tougher one to read.
Yeah, have probably made my thoughts about his technique pretty clear. Do reckon he will struggle against something new/odd where he has to improvise/adapt his game a bit more rather than just fall back onto textbook strokes.