• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Woodster

International Captain
The people criticising Misbah really have no grasp of how demoralising it would have been for England to get to stumps having only taken 5 wickets all day and facing the prospect of Misbah grinding them down further tomorrow. It might not be pretty and might not have blazed a massive lead for Pakistan, but had Misbah survived the day then his effort would have paid massive dividends on days 4 and 5.

If he'd scored his runs quicker then all it would have meant is that England would have broken into the tail quicker and might even be batting again. Ideally Misbah would have scored more, but give me a 50 scored at a snail's pace like today's innings over a flashy 20 or 30 any day of the week.
I thought in the context of today's play Misbah did a decent job, and while he shouldn't be absolved from any criticism about his innings, the Pakistan supporters should be pleased to have him in their side right now, and as the leader.

I do think though that when the whole team scores so slowly it doesn't take the game away from the opposition, and had they lost just five wickets all day you'd expect them to be in a much more advanced and dominant position than what they would have been. Though we would have been in deeper trouble mentally, had Misbah got through to the close of play.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The only way the match will be decided tomorrow is if England have a shocker. Even if England have the ideal day, they'll go into day 4 250-300 runs to the good - England will have to have 3 excellent days to win the Test. Pakistan can afford a bit of a **** up tomorrow.
If England go into Day 4 300 up then I'd call it their game to be honest - but getting the last 3 wickets then scoring nigh on 400 runs in the day isn't happening.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If England go into Day 4 300 up then I'd call it their game to be honest - but getting the last 3 wickets then scoring nigh on 400 runs in the day isn't happening.
I don't think 300 would be anywhere near enough of a lead with 2 days to bat.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The people criticising Misbah really have no grasp of how demoralising it would have been for England to get to stumps having only taken 5 wickets all day and facing the prospect of Misbah grinding them down further tomorrow. It might not be pretty and might not have blazed a massive lead for Pakistan, but had Misbah survived the day then his effort would have paid massive dividends on days 4 and 5.

If he'd scored his runs quicker then all it would have meant is that England would have broken into the tail quicker and might even be batting again. Ideally Misbah would have scored more, but give me a 50 scored at a snail's pace like today's innings over a flashy 20 or 30 any day of the week.
You appear to have missed the memo: scoring runs quickly is always much, much better than scoring them slowly. Just because.

Jacknife

International Captain
LOL just noticed the poll, at the start of the test, it was something like England 22 to Pakistan 11, my how a poor day changes things.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
There is a guy called Shane Watson (member since August) who has not made a single post but he did vote for Pakistan in that poll. :laugh:

Jacknife, it's all the Aussies who were secretly pretending to be English and have now suddenly switched their allegiance. Surprisingly Burgey hasn't voted for Pakistan.

Burgey

There is a guy called Shane Watson (member since August) who has not made a single post but he did vote for Pakistan in that poll. :laugh:

Jacknife, it's all the Aussies who were secretly pretending to be English and have now suddenly switched their allegiance. Surprisingly Burgey hasn't voted for Pakistan.
Haven't voted for anyone tbh. Pretty uninspired by cricket in the UAE tbh. Dunno why.

But I did post that England would at best draw this series and it would mark their steady decline from an India-like period of five minutes of sunshine among decades of gloom. All this talk of "new england". Heard the same **** in 05 and they were **** again within 12 months.

Guess we wait and see.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Well England has bowled with big heart and have really stuck to their plan. Bowled professionally and good lines and lengths.

I am disappointed from Pakistan batting side of things. After a 100+ opening partnership 288/7 is a disappointment.

I mean Asad Shafiq is waste of a batting spot at the moment honestly, they need to pick Umar Akmal.
Plus i agree that against this batting line up of England Cheema will not be as successful. We need raw pace of Wahab/Talha or Junaid along with Gul to over come the conditions just like England.

At the moment we are at the mercy of Ajmal from bowling side of things to get us the important wickets

Umar Akmal imo should come back to replace Asad Shafiq and I would prefer to see Wahab back in the side over Cheema.

Last edited:

Daemon

Cheema bowled better than Gul, was getting the ball to move into the right handers at good pace.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Following this test really is taking quite a lot of effort, about 10 different alarms going to be needed and there is still a good chance I will sleep through the first session.

Spark

Global Moderator
Quality tailend shot.

EDIT: Wow, the twist on the ankle there was a little painful to watch tstl.