• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Spark

Global Moderator
Yes he was cleared by the ICC and that is what annoys the heck out of me.
Stop the bull**** people, he has been cleared by the ICC. Who the hell are you to mouth about his action?
Bhajji and Murali have had the same problems and I fear Ajmal will continue to hear this crap.
Might as well shut the place down tbh...

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't the ICC test and clear Ajmal after that time that Watto and Haddin complained about him?
I think it might be ok for the doosra. it got cleared, obv. but the teesar or whatever, just looked absolutely horrible from a front on angle. Is that the new ball?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At 43-5 i'd have taken this scoreline. 200 would be massive for the dressing room and then nip a couple out with the ball tonight and it not such a wretched day after all.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
It's natural that spinners (especially the orthodox variety) are going to test the limits more, because they have to rotate their arm rather than just fling it down.

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah.....England have done well after 43/5......very well after that.....Pakistan should have pressed home the advantage....

tbf Misbha didn't do much wrong.....Prior and Swann played well

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well if the limit is 15 degrees, then the bowler is fully entitled to use 14.9 of them if he wants too.

Also i disagree with you that the limit should be different for pacers and seamers, IMO. As it is the seamers are harder to catch.
That's a nonsensical argument. With seamers most of their arm bend is from hyper-extension. So any slight chuck is going to push them over the limit. That works. With most spinners there is little hyper-extension (it does depend on their action obviously) so they have most of the 15 degrees to play with. No type of bowling should have that allowance.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
It would be hard to catch this teesra in the lab tbh because he definately chucks some of them and on some occasions goes full round arm like Malinga.

He'll just do that in the Lab tests.