• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

ganeshran

International Debutant
ICC should find a way to measure the bend from the match bowling videos rather than testing in a lab. Its easy for a bowler to consciously control his action for the controversial deliveries just to clear the test.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Didn't the ICC test and clear Ajmal after that time that Watto and Haddin complained about him?
Yes he was cleared by the ICC and that is what annoys the heck out of me.
Stop the bull**** people, he has been cleared by the ICC. Who the hell are you to mouth about his action?
Bhajji and Murali have had the same problems and I fear Ajmal will continue to hear this crap.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stop the bull**** people, he has been cleared by the ICC. Who the hell are you to mouth about his action?
Bhajji and Murali have had the same problems and I fear Ajmal will continue to hear this crap.
Seriously have you seen the new delivery?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a road. It is doing nothing out of the ordinary. Yes, England could bowl seriously well but it wouldn't be by seaming it all over the place.
Okay, but you know what I mean. There's no point getting all panicked about the score when we don't know how they're going to bat. It's still possible for us to win from here... difficult, but possible... thanks to Prior and Swann.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So once you're cleared by the ICC, that means you're free to add as many illegal deliveries to your repertoire as you like afterwards? Whether or not Ajmal used to chuck was a very tiresome subject that I grew tired of reading about but this new delivery re-opens the topic completely; it hasn't been tested.

Howe_zat

Audio File
This is turning into a genuinely superb innings from Prior. Could be his best yet if he can keep it going much longer.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
But they get a full 15 degrees when there's generally far less hyper-extension.

The whole point of the allowance is because you can't really bowl with that happening, not to allow spinners to fully exploit the limit so they can develop new deliveries which shouldn't be legal.
Well if the limit is 15 degrees, then the bowler is fully entitled to use 14.9 of them if he wants too.

Also i disagree with you that the limit should be different for pacers and seamers, IMO. As it is the seamers are harder to catch.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ICC should find a way to measure the bend from the match bowling videos rather than testing in a lab. Its easy for a bowler to consciously control his action for the controversial deliveries just to clear the test.
Exactly, the ICC is only ever going to eliminate deliveries where the person cannot physically bowl that variation without massively chucking it. As long as they can bowl a crappy legitimate version it doesn't matter, they can go use it in the next match and use as much arm bend as they like. This is particularly easy to get around with quicker deliveries.