• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Dissector

International Debutant
India has not only lost 7 overseas tests in a row they have lost 4 of their last 5 by an innings. That is an astonishingly poor run and I don't know if there has ever been an Indian team even in the 50's which performed so poorly abroad. And this is the same team which was no.1 a year back and which was consistently competitive everyhwere for a decade before that. I guess this is what happens when you rely heavily on your batting and the core of that batting is in the late 30's. At that age you can get a great series now and then but it's really hard to turn in consistent performances against good bowling.

Last edited:

Dissector

International Debutant
From 59 to 68 India lost 17 consecutive tests abroad though obviously spread out over a long period. In 67 and 68 India lost 7 consecutive test matches in England and Australia though only two of them by an innings. In 1959 India lost 5-0 to England with three innings defeats. In 1962 India lost to 5-0 in the West Indies with two innings defeats. So this is right up there with the worst overseas losing streaks India has had. I don't believe India has ever lost 4 out 5 overseas games by an innings.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah terrible catching is unacceptable at any level IMO. Having your players cost runs in the field with poor athleticism etc is one thing but when they start costing you wickets regularly it's too much to bare and really unforgivable if it's a regular thing.
I had a wicketkeeper in England drop a catch where the ball actually hit him in the guts at perfect catching height and dropped on the ground...I was on a hat-trick at the time. Part of the reason I find their kind hard to digest to be honest :sleep:

My first 15 wickets were all bowled in that comp as no **** could catch! (or umpire)

Spark

Global Moderator
Warner a future captain - Arthur

goddamn it micky
Haha I don't think it's that bad a call but I find it really really annoying simply because it reminds me so much of the Clarke thing. And obvs because it gives fodder for morons.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reminds me more of North eg we've all but pencilled you in to be clarke's vice captain oh crap you're in bad form oh double crap you're in really bad form and deserve to be dropped **** what do we do crap crap crap crap hey watson want be VC

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dropping skiers pisses me off to unhealthy levels. Hit my captain in the shin with a stump when he dropped 3 consecutive skiers off my bowling when it was the last wicket and they needed 10 to win off 6 balls in a local community tournament final.
I find the skier the hardest to catch myself. Sharp chance at gully etc is fine, but if it goes a long way up in the air there's too much time to think.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha I used to be way better in close than in the outfield for exactly that reason, you go on reflex/technique in close, but when it's waaay up in the air you have to actually think about it and it's not hard to tense up.

Spark

Global Moderator
Reminds me more of North eg we've all but pencilled you in to be clarke's vice captain oh crap you're in bad form oh double crap you're in really bad form and deserve to be dropped **** what do we do crap crap crap crap hey watson want be VC
Yeah but in this case it's fairer because Warner is actually a potential long-term candidacy candidate.

Daemon

Find skiers the easiest unless you're catching it over your shoulders. Have taken 1 slip catch and dropped about 5 in comparison. To each their own.

Spikey

Ryan Harris had a wonderful photo bombing opportunity and he blew it. Drop him for Adl for that