• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
He probably would've rested from the odis if he had scored it by now
He wanted to play in England too, tbf and if he wanted to get the 100 only he could have played the ODI series in India and got it there. In any case 50 ODI hundreds are to go to.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
He wanted to play in England too, tbf and if he wanted to get the 100 only he could have played the ODI series in India and got it there. In any case 50 ODI hundreds are to go to.
Yup IIRC got injured before the start of ODI series thats why missed it

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fernando does get Sachin out a lot. Most notable the 2007 WC.

Worst person to be a bunny to in world cricket.

howardj

International Coach
What I'd like to see from our panel this Series:

- Wade to be eased into the Windies tour by playing this ODI series instead of the lamentable Haddin
- Don't mess around, or rotate, our opening batsmen. Let's build another Waugh/Gilchrist type union

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
easy to say don't mess around with the opening batsmen, but warner has played about 3 good OD knocks in the last 3 years and yet will probably be given first choice.

howardj

International Coach
easy to say don't mess around with the opening batsmen, but warner has played about 3 good OD knocks in the last 3 years and yet will probably be given first choice.
I had to go to lunch before finishing my above post, so let me expand on my two core principles outlined earlier:

1. Wade replacing Haddin
Not only should this change be made on its own merits, but it dovetails with a key selection tenant of mine. Namely, I like to see guys eased into international cricket through the ODIs. This worked really well with Mick Clarke, Mark Waugh and many other guys. ODIs are absent the blow torch of Tests, and are a really good way to transition into the set up, feel comfortable at the higher level.

2. Sticking With Opening Combination
We need to decide on an opering combination and try within reason not to interrupt it too much. My personal preference is for Warner and Watson. Openers need to build up a rapport in my opinion, especially in ODIs where you can really take the game away early doors. Gilly/MWaugh had it, and Gilly/Hayden had it. Particularly now that we're not one of the top two or so ODI teams, I think that's more reason than ever to have stability at the top of the order.

uvelocity

International Coach
nah ****, sri lanka at home at the end of 2010.

but since then have won series against poms, lanka, and saffers