• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Another thing about todays play was that after 30 overs had been bowled for the day paying spectators were no longer able to receive half of their admission fee back.

The day started with the 33rd over to be bowled meaning if the match finished before the 62rd over the spectators would get half their money back.

Once India passed the 62nd over they lost 4 wickets for 0 runs off 8 balls. There is no doubt in my mind that the Indian players deliberiately lost the last 4 wickets and just coundent be bothered fighting the match out.

A shameful display by India, a team lacking in honor and a disgrace to cricket. Australia won but India didnt even try.

Indian fans should be asking the hard questions here.
Yep, it was all a conspiracy to ensure the spectators have to pay the full money between the 2 teams. Who cares about the result anyway? :p

Spark

Global Moderator
Great news. Should have given the captaincy to a young player rather than Sehwag who has a handful of tests before he calls it a day. Kohli should have been appointed captain. The only guy who leads by example while fielding in the team. Saha is not test class. We should have used this opportunity to bring Rohit Sharma into the XI by making Dravid keep. It can't get any worse than 4-0 might as well experiment a bit since Saha is never going to be good enough.
None of this selection stuff is confirmed, only assumptions/predictions in the media.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Great news. Should have given the captaincy to a young player rather than Sehwag who has a handful of tests before he calls it a day. Kohli should have been appointed captain. The only guy who leads by example while fielding in the team. Saha is not test class. We should have used this opportunity to bring Rohit Sharma into the XI by making Dravid keep. It can't get any worse than 4-0 might as well experiment a bit since Saha is never going to be good enough.
Yeah, make the Brash Kohli captain before he has even established himself in the team and make a 38 year old Dravid keep in tests in Australia. That ought to improve the Indian team.

Also, why are you speaking in past tense?:p

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
wouldn't mind dravid keeping. gives rohit a shot without having to drop laxman. dravid would probably have to slip down the order tho

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another thing about todays play was that after 30 overs had been bowled for the day paying spectators were no longer able to receive half of their admission fee back.

The day started with the 33rd over to be bowled meaning if the match finished before the 62rd over the spectators would get half their money back.

Once India passed the 62nd over they lost 4 wickets for 0 runs off 8 balls. There is no doubt in my mind that the Indian players deliberiately lost the last 4 wickets and just coundent be bothered fighting the match out.

A shameful display by India, a team lacking in honor and a disgrace to cricket. Australia won but India didnt even try.

Indian fans should be asking the hard questions here.
You're saying the Indian players were aware of the terms and conditions of entry for playing spectators in Australia and deliberately waited til the point when spectators couldn't get a part refund, then pulled up stumps?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
wouldn't mind dravid keeping. gives rohit a shot without having to drop laxman. dravid would probably have to slip down the order tho
He hasnt kept in ages...and he was never a test keeper...Keeping in tests is not child's play. Do you think India at this stage can afford dropped catches and missed stumpings?

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I am stunned at the ban for Dhoni given that Ponting always seemed to be very slow with the over rates and never faced any sanction.

Shri

Mr. Glass
He hasnt kept in ages...and he was never a test keeper...Keeping in tests is not child's play. Do you think India at this stage can afford dropped catches and missed stumpings?
I would gladly take a 4-0 defeat if it even fractionally helps the future of the team. I don't care if Dravid pulls an Kakmal in the next test as long as R Sharma gets to debut.

TNT

Banned
You're saying the Indian players were aware of the terms and conditions of entry for playing spectators in Australia and deliberately waited til the point when spectators couldn't get a part refund, then pulled up stumps?
If the match had of finished 9 balls earlier then the WACA would of had to refund over $500,000.

So it was a complete coincidence that once that mark was passed 4 wickets fell for 0 runs in 8 balls.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
If the match had of finished 9 balls earlier then the WACA would of had to refund over $500,000.

So it was a complete coincidence that once that mark was passed 4 wickets fell for 0 runs in 8 balls.
Some pretty explosive revelations by TNT here. :p

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Clearly, otherwise they wouldn't still be picking Dhoni.

I just think he is happy to sit this one out.. Else the BCCI and other Indian commentators would have made a big stink out of this..

Just can't believe a worse time following the Indian team for me.. Even when we were dire away from home, we were never this dire. :(
Don't worry things can only pick up from here, your not playing an away series for sometime after this one anyway I think. Plus your not short on cricketers with a good eye.

Last edited: