• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

adharcric

International Coach
Dhoni probably didn't deserve that but I don't mind one bit. He's clearly not test-class against quality opposition or in testing conditions, and the captaincy is no longer working in his favor in the longer format. Patel or Karthik should probably be up next, but Saha's fine for now. The captaincy is a bit tricky since neither of the viable candidates (Sehwag, Gambhir) are in particularly good form. That said, Dhoni will probably start scoring and India winning once we return home and none of this will come to fruition.

On to Adelaide, I'd drop Laxman for Sharma but wouldn't be shocked if Lax has worked something out behind the scenes to get one last match and call it a career. It would be nice to give Rahane a shot at the top, but that's unlikely with the incumbents getting captaincy/vice-captaincy duties. Ashwin should return and though Ishant's been a disappointment (not nearly as bad as the figures suggest), he's still an important part of the bowling rotation and certainly ahead of Mithun or Vinay.

Last edited:

The_roc

U19 Captain
Dhoni banned for a slow over rate? If they had bowled at a sensible rate it would have been all over in 2 days and the WACA would have missed out on the day 3 cash (looked like a decent crowd).

Any one know why the pitch looked so bad. Just been watching the day 3 highlights (what there was of them) and it looked like some of the cracks were big enough to go potholing down.

Midwinter

State Captain
Noticed that Oz were being pretty smart about changing ends yesterday arvo ( including bowling the first ball before the ads were finished) and it was even mentioned on the radio this morning about their promptness.

On the last day at Melbourne the only people who looked like they wanted to bowl were Hilfenhaus and Ashwin, everyone else was dawdling.

Of course it has been a tactic for a long time now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The ban does seem a bit harsh but at the same time hasn't this been coming for an age? Remember it being talked about when they played us.

Quality over from Hilfenhaus after lunch. Australia's bowlers seriously impressive this series.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Absolutely crazy decision that I disagree with completely. As has been mentioned, with the Test finishing so early, it's not an issue at all. If the bowlers were deliberately doing it on day 5 to try and save the match then fair enough, but in the context of this match, it's an unbelievable decision.

BTW I like Dhoni the guy. Talks very well after a match is finished.

TNT

Banned
Another thing about todays play was that after 30 overs had been bowled for the day paying spectators were no longer able to receive half of their admission fee back.

The day started with the 33rd over to be bowled meaning if the match finished before the 62rd over the spectators would get half their money back.

Once India passed the 62nd over they lost 4 wickets for 0 runs off 8 balls. There is no doubt in my mind that the Indian players deliberiately lost the last 4 wickets and just coundent be bothered fighting the match out.

A shameful display by India, a team lacking in honor and a disgrace to cricket. Australia won but India didnt even try.

Indian fans should be asking the hard questions here.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Is he a decent keeper?
Yeah, he is good behind the stumps usually and better than most of the other options in that regard.

Not sure if he has any experience in Australia, though.Will have to adjust to the bounce.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well played Australia, not seen it or read the thread but I presume after the initial fight of Dravid and Kohli was broken, Dhoni threw his wicket away then a mini revival was followed by the usual collapse.

All about 4-0 and Aussies going level with india rankings then now.

As for the ban, about time. More captains should get them for pathetic over rates not just Dhoni.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Another thing about todays play was that after 30 overs had been bowled for the day paying spectators were no longer able to receive half of their admission fee back.

The day started with the 33rd over to be bowled meaning if the match finished before the 62rd over the spectators would get half their money back.

Once India passed the 62nd over they lost 4 wickets for 0 runs off 8 balls. There is no doubt in my mind that the Indian players deliberiately lost the last 4 wickets and just coundent be bothered fighting the match out.

A shameful display by India, a team lacking in honor and a disgrace to cricket. Australia won but India didnt even try.

You mean that Hilfenhaus didn't bowl three deliveries that are extremely difficult for tailenders to keep out because of the extra bounce/movement and hence got the wickets? Could've fooled me.

Last edited:

The_roc

U19 Captain
A shameful display by India, a team lacking in honor and a disgrace to cricket.
It was the same last year in England. There just doesn't appear to be anyone who can be bothered to put any effort in. It's like having 11 Inzamams' in the team.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Ignoring the crass suggestions, if your post about refunds is correct then it's a different policy to England. Here, you get a refund for less than X overs if it's due to weather but not if the reason for the lack of overs is a result.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Bowling figures

B Hilfenhaus - 23 wickets @ 16
P Siddle - 17 wickets @ 19.5
Z Khan - 12 wickets @ 28.5
U Yadav - 12 wickets @ 32.6
J Pattinson - 11 wickets @ 23.3
M Starc - 4 wickets @ 17.5
I Sharma - 4 wickets @ 81

R Ashwin - 4 wickets @ 74.5
N Lyon - 2 wickets @ 90

I Sharma has another series of bowling well in Australia and compliments his last series of 6 wickets @ 59 with 4 wickets @ 81. Good tight bowling obviously. Worst ****.

Zaheer lasting so long without breaking down hopefully indicating higher levels of fitness and Yadav being a good strike bowler on his first tour away the only positives to take out of this really. Carnage.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Two Sparkeh, the one that got Kumar was pretty much a junk ball. Terrible shot.
I counted the hattrick ball as one of the deliveries tbf. And tailender gets out to a bad shot - huge surprise.

I mean, I know it's a batsman's game but the lengths some people will go to to deny the bowlers their due credit is ridiculous.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Great news. Should have given the captaincy to a young player rather than Sehwag who has a handful of tests before he calls it a day. Kohli should have been appointed captain. The only guy who leads by example while fielding in the team. Saha is not test class. We should have used this opportunity to bring Rohit Sharma into the XI by making Dravid keep. It can't get any worse than 4-0 might as well experiment a bit since Saha is never going to be good enough.