• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Surely this will strengthen their team if anything.
Tbf, he would be most likely to succeed in Adelaide in all of this tour though.

This also means that now Sehwag is a certainty for the next match, can't see Rahane coming in along with both Saha and Rohit for Gambhir now.

uvelocity

International Coach
they had only bowled 40 overs in about 2 sessions I reckon.

Part of the time taken was fishing warners zacks out of the crowd imo

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
All I remember about Saha is that he got caught in the middle of Steyn going absolutely bonkers in India.
He is a bit "meh". But i guess can't do any worse and has been improving and in good form domestically recently.

Could have used Patel right now in Australia, and made him open to strengthen the middle order. At least he has a somewhat consistent knack of making 20/30' somehow. Also, has plenty of experience of playing in Australia and is good with the short ball.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This really has been a tour from hell for India. This latest thing with Dhoni is just the icing on the cake.

I also think its not something which warrants a ban.

Daemon

Did they take the time needed to fetch the ball from the boundary thanks to Warner into account?

Spark

Global Moderator
This really has been a tour from hell for India. This latest thing with Dhoni is just the icing on the cake.

I also think its not something which warrants a ban.
Yeah it's absurd. Boo hoo, two overs were missed - given the Test didn't even make it to the halfway mark I fail to see how this is an issue at all.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I haven't seen the whole coverage, admittedly, but I don't recall any comm mentioning it as a potential problem, even.

If the series was 1-1 would the ICC really be playing hardball on a piddling triviality? Nah...

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Do you reckon Laxman will play at Adelaide, Cevno?
There is a rumour doing the rounds that he is considering calling it a day after Adelaide. If that is true, then he will play for certain.

But if that is not the case, then there is a lot of pressure to bring Rohit (and even Rahane) into the team and Dhoni almost confirmed in the presser that he will. Laxman seems to be in the front of the queue to get the chop in that case, followed by Gambhir.(now that Sehwag will be captain.)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I just think he is happy to sit this one out.. Else the BCCI and other Indian commentators would have made a big stink out of this..

Just can't believe a worse time following the Indian team for me.. Even when we were dire away from home, we were never this dire. :(

Spikey

plalor:
2nd offence inside 12 months means automatic suspension, india accepts it no appeal. sehwag to take over we t

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
It is more of a cumulative ban probably. He has been on the edge with respect to slow over rates for a while now.

The next indiscretion was always going to bring a ban, even minimal.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
and the seagulls :lol:

I reckon it was more than 2 overs but haven't counted.
Innings lasted 362 minutes. Assuming a 15overs/hour rate, that's 90.5 overs the innings "should" have lasted in that time, rather than the 76 that it actually did. Obviously there's a lot of allowances in that already (for collecting sixes, wickets, seagulls etc)

But yeah I would think the match referees have been in his ear quietly for a while now about this.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Did they take the time needed to fetch the ball from the boundary thanks to Warner into account?
Haha! I think they take all the stoppages into account before coming to the final figure. Don't know how exactly they do it though.