• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Heard the T20 argument plenty of times but I still don't buy it tbh, for a number of reasons
As I said elsewhere, the best thing about T20 is that any flaw a player has can easily be blamed on that and no-one really bats an eyelid

Subhadeep

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I just checked Graham Onions' stats. He has played but 8 tests and taken 30 wickets, it seems. Holy ****! The English cricket fans are really something! The guy does not have much more credentials than Umesh Yadav.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
wow cricket is a funny game.. Same time last year, everyone was talking about how toothless the Australian bowling attack was.
And now, when Cummins and Pattinson are fit, you don't know who to drop. These are exciting times.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
IPL and 20/20 cricket in general is one reason why many sides are collapsing so often of late once there has been a bit of spice in the wickets. The players lack basic technique or the ability to concentrate for long periods without trying to smash the cover off the ball.
Very few if any of these players learned their techniques in the era of T20.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They played South Africa in a 2 Test series on very bowler-friendly pitches, you can't draw much from such a series in the context of bowlers.

India are shot, the groundstaff could have concreted over Sydney and India would have still been too busy waving their white flag to have batted well. Playing India away from their cosy slow and low ****e at home doesn't much resemble Test cricket at the moment. It's just a slaughter
Yeah, and England didn't bowl well in the 4-0 series at all, India were just giving their wickets away.