• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Big mistake, IMHO. Stating the obvious as it may be, but doing it at the WACA totally different kettle of fish to Adelaide.

Hope the selectors can move away from that kind of rigid thinking.
I'd go with Starc. Harris as part of a 3-man pace attack at Adelaide is just a bad idea IMO.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Its the truth. Most people were expecting Australia to declare at 600/2 or some ****.

Yadav is a plus. Zaheer got to laugh at Haddin. Dravid played some nice backfoot strokes and Kohli hit a solid straight drive. Good days work :ph34r:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe not a good day. But I guess it's a good thing for India that the major positive performance of the day came from a young seamer, rather than an old batsman

Anyway, I keep on seeing people say "yes Laxman etc are in poor form, but we're not seeing any youngsters pushing them"....correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Rohit and Rahane average over 60 in FC cricket, over more than a few matches? There's not much those two can do is there?

Subhadeep

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Looking at the scorecard Clark performed just fine with 6 wickets in the match. Tait was a weaklink, Johnson was one in the second innings but really the bowlers weren't the main problem. They got India out for 330 and 294, that is not too bad, our batsmen in the first dig was the problem. 212 was never enough.
Actually did not bother to check the scores, yeah the bowlers did just fine it seems. Still not as good as skittling the opposition out for 161 and restricting them to 88/4.

Subhadeep

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Everyone is criticizing Laxman and Dhoni, but has there been any successful test opener in the history of cricket with worse footwork than Sehwag's?

Last edited:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I still rank this as a good day for India relative to the series. Still in the game actually. Dravid has the class to make big scores on tricky decks and Kohli is a talented kid.

Australia folding for a sub 100 score ain't out of the realms of believability either, just need Warner early and you are in with a chance.

Spikey

Just like Siddle and Johnson is a no go, Siddle and Starc would be the same atm.
Now that Siddle has actually learnt to ****ing bowl it in the right areas that doesn't matter anymore imo

4 seamers in Adl could end in tears.....but is Lyon going trouble India there? **** no imo. Right arm off spinner bowling to right hander batsmen who happen to be the world's best players of spin as well as being awesome at that little flick to the leg-side. And day 5 footmarks don't come into it 'cause it'll be over by Tea day 4 :ph34r:

But I think Siddle or Hilf will be rested. So it's just whether Lyon plays or we call in Christan (no thanks)

flibbertyjibber

But that's also because people underestimated the pitch. A total of 369 on that is really quite good, definately above par I reckon.
A good batting side may have got 500+ but you are always waiting for the Aussies to collapse. Without the opening partnership the batting in this match has been woeful.

Sylvester

State Captain
Now that Siddle has actually learnt to ****ing bowl it in the right areas that doesn't matter anymore imo
The main reason I didn't want Johnson and Siddle together was them both leaking runs. Siddle might be hitting the right areas but he still goes for over 3 an over most innings. Couple that with Johnson's 4 an over and we are back to having 2 bowlers going at 3+ an over with the 3rd bowler left to stem the flow of runs.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tres wasn't quite as good as Sehwag, but his footwork (or lack thereof) is up/down there with the wee fella's.

Could well still be opening for us now but for his well-documented mental problems.

Ruckus

International Captain
Still not brilliant though. Can't wait to see him in England struggling to get into double figures with the ball moving round.
Considering the conditions he has made his two test tons in so far in his very short career, I think that is a baseless assumption.