• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
True. But most Aussies were convinced that the best XI wasn't being chosen ever. I mean we had Steve Smith in our top 6 and Xavier Doherty played some Tests!

India on paper appear quite good, I suppose they are going to have to back the likes of Rahane, Pujara, Rohit etc soon and hope a couple of them develop into test class batsman.
Which they likely will I think. The talent pool is massive.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Kohli looking in very decent touch here. Classy looking pull shot. Could this be his innings to establish himself?

Think we're back tomorrow at any rate.

Spikey

Cowan, Mash, Haddin, Lyon all pretty obvious weak points that I think most would agree with, Cowan and Marsh in part because they're so new and haven't put up the results say Warner have, Lyon in part because of his 9 tests so far conditions have meant in most of them he's been reduced to nothing/tail cleaning, so it's hard to judge him. From then I always said one ton wasn't gonna change my view on Ponting. Maybe Hussey. Starc obviously.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cowan, Mash, Haddin, Lyon all pretty obvious weak points that I think most would agree with, Cowan and Marsh in part because they're so new and haven't put up the results say Warner have, Lyon in part because of his 9 tests so far conditions have meant in most of them he's been reduced to nothing/tail cleaning, so it's hard to judge him. From then I always said one ton wasn't gonna change my view on Ponting. Maybe Hussey. Starc obviously.
Ha, Spikey's a tough crowd.

So basically Warner, Clarke, Hussey and the seamers are ok?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

I think think all of the batting bar Clarke obviously is pretty unsettled. Top three are n00bs who have started in an array of different ways, and Ponting/Hussey are coming out of extended periods of crapness but are still under the hammer slightly.

I mean I wouldn't call them "weak links" as such but none of them fill me with the greatest deal of confidence; could go either way in those cases very easily.

Spikey

Well by weak point I mean 'element of doubt' and well one series against a ****ing mess of a team is hardly that prestigious is it? 2 years of **** from the batting order isn't gonna be forgiven because Clarke-h hit 329. Lyon might be harsh. It's really nothing to do with him, he's been unlucky in that he's hardly been needed. And of course everyone in this team is pretty much new bar Ponting, Clarke, Hussey and Haddin

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can see thes two staying in until it looks like Australia will have to bat again, then all of a sudden they get out, India collapse and Aus win by an innings and 8 runs

Spikey

maybe I'm being harsh because I still have the wounds of SA 09 fresh in mind, where a 3-0 thrashing would have done more good for Australian cricket than the year and a half of head in sand **** we had to put up with.

Subhadeep

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
If we compare the pace quartet Australia played in Perth 4 years ago to this one, Lee is equivalent to Siddle, Clark equivalent to Hilfenhaus, Johnson equivalent to Harris and Tait equivalent to Starc. I think the difference has been made by Starc's solid performance in contrast with Tait's no show and Hilfenhaus bowling superbly compared to Clark's ordinary performance.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Can see thes two staying in until it looks like Australia will have to bat again, then all of a sudden they get out, India collapse and Aus win by an innings and 8 runs
Personally I look forward to said collapse featuring a Dhoni cover-drive off the second new ball to second slip

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well by weak point I mean 'element of doubt' and well one series against a ****ing mess of a team is hardly that prestigious is it? 2 years of **** from the batting order isn't gonna be forgiven because Clarke-h hit 329. Lyon might be harsh. It's really nothing to do with him, he's been unlucky in that he's hardly been needed. And of course everyone in this team is pretty much new bar Ponting, Clarke, Hussey and Haddin
I'd probably agree with you, but before the series a lot of folk were saying "It's India's best chance to win in Oz ever" and, well they've come up a bit short. Have to give some credit to the chaps who've stood up to make that happen.

I'd say everyone bar Marsh, Haddin and (possibly) Lyon has contributed too.

Still a way to go, but I reckon Oz is moving in the right direction in my estimation.

Sylvester

State Captain
If we compare the pace quartet Australia played in Perth 4 years ago to this one, Lee is equivalent to Siddle, Clark equivalent to Hilfenhaus, Johnson equivalent to Harris and Tait equivalent to Starc. I think the difference has been made by Starc's solid performance in contrast with Tait's no show and Hilfenhaus bowling superbly compared to Clark's ordinary performance.
Looking at the scorecard Clark performed just fine with 6 wickets in the match. Tait was a weaklink, Johnson was one in the second innings but really the bowlers weren't the main problem. They got India out for 330 and 294, that is not too bad, our batsmen in the first dig was the problem. 212 was never enough.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Honestly this has been a good day from India, they've managed to salvage a modicum of pride. Were always going to be skittled second dig though.