• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

adharcric

International Coach
Yeah, been really average.

He will do decently in some surfaces, but has always had limitations as a bowler and is also lacking a striking attribute to differentiate like Praveen has with his swing and wrist position. Relies on thinking batsman out too much probably and is already 27.

He should still be ahead of Mithun,Sreesanth,Munaf etc.. due to his FC record especially at home, but any bowler with higher possible potential like Aaron should/can be given a run ahead of him for me.Both were equal gambles right now in any case. Teja?:p
Sreesanth is easily ahead of Vinay Kumar in the longer format - the former may be inconsistent and a nutcase but he's got genuine test-class ability. Munaf remains a tragedy whereas Mithun seems very raw, but VK should not be anywhere near the test side on all but the greenest of pitches.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sreesanth is easily ahead of Vinay Kumar in the longer format - the former may be inconsistent and a nutcase but he's got genuine test-class ability. Munaf remains a tragedy whereas Mithun seems very raw, but VK should not be anywhere near the test side on all but the greenest of pitches.
I reckon VK could go okay at home. He definitely shouldn't play at Perth though; it's ridiculous. I like him, but this was just cruel.

diteras aka.

Cricket Spectator
damn things going sideways!! - sometimes the ball can do too much.

Harris - bless him - still hasn't gunned back has he? I reckoned that he's have worked out bowling fast with a medium fast bowlers build and action was not doing his body any good, but he keeps on coming. Darren Gough re-born. A short career beckons.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon VK could go okay at home. He definitely shouldn't play at Perth though; it's ridiculous. I like him, but this was just cruel.
He's rarely going to get a game at home though imo. Zaheer and Yadav/Praveen along Ashwin and Ojha would probably be the first choice attack. Then he's got to contend with Yadav/Praveen and Ishant ahead of him. Basically needs two injuries and India to only go with one spinner to get a game.

adharcric

International Coach
Yeah, certainly a tough debut opportunity for him and he's been a clever operator in ODIs, but I just don't see him threatening at this level. That said, there probably weren't many better options for this tour given the injuries to PK and Sreesanth. Let's see how he goes, though Ashwin should certainly return for Adelaide.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
He's rarely going to get a game at home though imo. Zaheer and Yadav/Praveen along Ashwin and Ojha would probably be the first choice attack. Then he's got to contend with Yadav/Praveen and Ishant ahead of him. Basically needs two injuries and India to only go with one spinner to get a game.
I think Vk will mostly play ODI's only and he would do similar job as ashish nehra used to do in ODI's

flibbertyjibber

So Australia's batting fragility was masked by the opening stand then. Well done Warner and Cowan.

Now we will see if india have any fight left. oh yes, well done Yadav too, good effort that.

Jayzamann

International Regular
If Sehwag does not get a big one this series, particularly this match, his value will go down considerably in my books.
Been playing well within himself so far. At least this situation sort of requires it. As much as people want one of 'those' innings, there's so many things that could go wrong and it comes much easier when the opposition has only banked 160-odd runs (like Warner)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Will accept Aaron has higher potential if he had two seasons in FC cricket averaging under 30 bowling at that pace.

It's a punt if you see a bowler having all the right attributes in his early days in FC cricket doing decently and then picked for test cricket(a la Yadav). It's not a punt when a bowler is absolutely humiliated in FC cricket but bowls 140+ and is picked for test cricket.
I have no doubts he has higher potential tbh.The only worry is how he is able to mantain his fitness.
He hasn't played many FC matches to judge conclusively and i am not sure about the pitches in Jharkand either.Also, I think you slightly overrate Vinay too.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Disagree. Really except for South Africa when has he shown that test - class ability for a while now? Just erratic ease up the pressure bowling, whether home or away. And as for Mithun he still has a lot of improving to do.

Daemon

Irfan might also overtake Vinay. Is probably going to take his spot in the one day team as well.