• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Spark

Global Moderator
Didn't give a chance though.

Streaky shot past point to get to 50, not to hand.
Inside edge past the stumps which could have gone anywhere.
Fell over on a yes/no from Cowman.
A few past the bat.
Struck of the pad a couple of times, rightly given not out

Pretty good for an opener on the first day with the green out there, and the beer residue in the pitch too :ph34r:
Only has to give one, though.

adub

International Captain
I don't think he'll break Astle's record, or even consciously go for it. He's just as likely to nick-off first ball.

But if the Indians come out and bowl as listlessly as they did on day 2 in Sydney they'll get slaughtered and there's a chance. Today's the last chance to salvage some pride out of the tour for India. If they don't hit back hard in the first hour today it's 3-0 and anything positive they do in Adelaide will be dismissed as dead rubber syndrome. You'll know if India are a good side out of luck, or just a pack of in-fighting imposters by the first drinks break.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
In Warners favor is the fact that he likely won't need to face anywhere near the number of balls Clarke did so exhaustion won't be as much of a factor. Counterpoint to that is that it's hotter in Perth than it was in Sydney I guess.

adub

International Captain
Only has to give one, though.
That will depend on India. Plenty of big scores have been built on numerous chances. I wouldn't want to have my life bet on say Dravid holding a sharp nick. Not in the place India's head collectively seem to be in.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In Warners favor is the fact that he likely won't need to face anywhere near the number of balls Clarke did so exhaustion won't be as much of a factor. Counterpoint to that is that it's hotter in Perth than it was in Sydney I guess.
There's a lot more in this pitch than there was day two Sydney though.

If India actually hit the pitch, it won't be easy.

Flametree

International 12th Man
I don't think he'll break Astle's record, or even consciously go for it. He's just as likely to nick-off first ball.

But if the Indians come out and bowl as listlessly as they did on day 2 in Sydney they'll get slaughtered and there's a chance. Today's the last chance to salvage some pride out of the tour for India. If they don't hit back hard in the first hour today it's 3-0 and anything positive they do in Adelaide will be dismissed as dead rubber syndrome. You'll know if India are a good side out of luck, or just a pack of in-fighting imposters by the first drinks break.
I didn't think India bowled that terribly last night to be honest. It wasn't great, but it wasn't awful. I mean, you pitch one on a decent length at a reasonable pace with a touch of inswing, you don't expect it to get hit back over your head for 6.

As ever, they were slow to react and didn't seem to really have a plan, and it's tough when you can't stop the batsmen running 2's etc. I think if Zaheer is below par again (unlike his last over) or if Warner can just see him off then he's every chance to score at a similar rate off the other bowlers. The WACA is just such a good ground to play your shots on.

adub

International Captain
There's a lot more in this pitch than there was day two Sydney though.

If India actually hit the pitch, it won't be easy.
The forecast is for warm but not stinking hot. 33 max. Should mean the cracks won't open too much, but a little more of the moisture will work its way out. Absolutely best conditions of the game for batting.

But no not a road. There will be plenty that hit a crack or seam away. Mostly thought they've been doing too much. So long as you don't chase them you're likely to play and miss. Bit of cloud cover and breeze to assist the swing is probably more a danger than the pitch.

adub

International Captain
I didn't think India bowled that terribly last night to be honest. It wasn't great, but it wasn't awful. I mean, you pitch one on a decent length at a reasonable pace with a touch of inswing, you don't expect it to get hit back over your head for 6.

As ever, they were slow to react and didn't seem to really have a plan, and it's tough when you can't stop the batsmen running 2's etc. I think if Zaheer is below par again (unlike his last over) or if Warner can just see him off then he's every chance to score at a similar rate off the other bowlers. The WACA is just such a good ground to play your shots on.
But that's kinda my point. In Sydney day one they hit back hard and had us 3-37. Ponting and Clark saw it out to stumps. Next day India had a massive chance to get a couple of early wickets and really put us under the pump. Instead they came out and set ridiculously defensive fields and bowled tripe. It was like because they couldn't get a 4th wicket the previous evening they were now going to bowl for the declaration.

Pull the same **** here and they won't need to worry about going for just 4+ an over.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haven't read the thread, has anyone added another one to the 'haha/lolz BCCI, you tools' count for the one that Cowan gloved?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Yeah, Astle's record will be a bit of a stretch. Totally different situation. Also, Astle reached his 100 from 114 balls, and only really went nuts in the 2nd 100 off 39 balls. So it wasn't a 200 of non-stop carnage, it was a decent 100 followed by an hour of insanity.

To score at the same high rate in a double ton would be an extremely tough ask, and I expect Warner will be a lot more circumspect starting off again in the morning.

Ruckus

International Captain
Kohli:

"Sometimes it doesn't go your way and sometimes it does. Luck is a very important thing in cricket, but unfortunately it hasn't been going our way in important phases.

We have lost wickets before breaks, after breaks, just before lunch, just before tea, we have lost important wickets at important times," said Kohli.

That is all that has been happening, it is not a matter of temperament or technique, things just haven't been going our way."

:huh:

Spark

Global Moderator
That's a dreadful, dreadful attitude. To contrast:

"There's also the other side that in this great game you need to find a way to get back up. Good teams do. That's how they learn and I think throughout my career, I've learnt from the not-so-good days, more than the good days. That's what I'm hoping everyone in that change room does, find something so when we get into a position like we did in that second innings with the bat, or today with the ball, we go about it in a different way."
Guess which team won the next match...

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
LOL from fox sports

Every one of the Indian players, including Tendulkar, should be dealt with by the WA Fraud Squad and charged with taking money under false pretenses and impersonating cricketers. The Indian team management deserves some of the blame - why did they send them karting on Monday when they must have known they were going to get carted on Friday?