• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Howe_zat

Audio File
22 overs left to get the last three wickets. So long as we can avoid this newfangled tactic of ******ing the bowlers to their highest FC scores, we've got this.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Fawad hit 50. Dire to see him get out to Pietersen.

Looks like the pitch might've been a bit of a turner though in general.
Wasn't it the same pitch where they played the first match - effectively days 4 to 6?

Might be wrong though.

Xuhaib

International Coach
England despite some jitters have won both their warm up games rustiness seems to be coming off. PCB should look to organize some A tours for the upcoming batsman they have been woefully inept in this game.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Bowling stocks look in good order, regularly knocking the opposition over for not much. Promising at the start of a tour.

smash84

The Tiger King
England looking extremely dangerous.

Why do I get the feeling that the Pakistani batting will be finding it difficult to cross 200 while the bowlers will find it difficult to restrict England to less than 350?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
England despite some jitters have won both their warm up games rustiness seems to be coming off. PCB should look to organize some A tours for the upcoming batsman they have been woefully inept in this game.
England's batsmen didn't score any runs either though really; it could be a nightmare of a pitch. Hard to judge. Spinners took stacks of wickets.

Xuhaib

International Coach
England's batsmen didn't score any runs either though really; it could be a nightmare of a pitch. Hard to judge. Spinners took stacks of wickets.
yeah possible over reaction from me just disappointing atleast expected Salahuddin and Ayub to have a semi decent game like Fawad.

Jacknife

International Captain
Finished them off in quick time, good run out for the team, the bowlers all had a good turn and even though Swann didn't get more wickets from reading the commentary he bowled nicely. Nice hit out today for Trott and Strauss as well which was good to see.
I think the more England play over there the better they'll get, so the danger match if there is one, is the first imo.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good win, things gone well so far apart from Bell and KP. Never really rated Morgan so anything he does is a bonus anyway until Taylor gets his rightful place in the side..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
yeah possible over reaction from me just disappointing atleast expected Salahuddin and Ayub to have a semi decent game like Fawad.
Fawad is stupidly better than everyone in domestic cricket though. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a bit of a gulf between him and all the other batsmen outside the Test side, and the selectors seem to think there's a gulf between the Test side and him (although tbh I'd be surprised if that was true :p).

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England looking extremely dangerous.

Why do I get the feeling that the Pakistani batting will be finding it difficult to cross 200 while the bowlers will find it difficult to restrict England to less than 350?
Possibly because we are a good side and you haven't really faced anyone this good since the rebuilding started. Don't get me wrong you have done well but this is a good test for both sides over the next few weeks.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Mon-ty
Mon-ty
Mon-ty

Still yet to decide whether or not I rate him, but I'd be chuffed to bits for him if he got a Test.

Jacknife

International Captain
You don't usually get loads of runs in 3 day games though do you tbf but England got to 181-3 in the second innings before declaring, Cook got a ton, Trott with 93 and Strauss whatever he got, so I wouldn't say England batsmen didn't score any runs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You don't usually get loads of runs in 3 day games though do you tbf but England got to 181-3 in the second innings before declaring, Cook got a ton, Trott with 93 and Strauss whatever he got, so I wouldn't say England batsmen didn't score any runs.
Well yeah true but it's the same pitch they played the other game on, so England's batting lineup were all out or close enough to for < 300 three times out of four. You'd expect a lot better against the attacks they faced so I reckon it was just a tricky pitch.

smash84

The Tiger King
Possibly because we are a good side and you haven't really faced anyone this good since the rebuilding started. Don't get me wrong you have done well but this is a good test for both sides over the next few weeks.
We haven't faced anyone half as good. I think you hit the nail on the head.

Howe_zat

Audio File
They did play South Africa and come away with nil all, to be fair. Beating Pakistan in the UAE has become damn hard work.