• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you were asked after the Ashes if Australia would take 2 series wins and 2 series draws against SL (a), SA (a) NZ (h) and IND (h) I think most people would say yes. England are certainly the benchmark, but Australia has shown that they are competitive in world cricket terms and they've played the matches in such an entertaining style, I'm sure many non-Aussies have enjoyed watching Australian Test Cricket compared to most other countries.

I'm starting to think that Cowan is not the guy who will make way for Watson. Of course a Shaun Marsh ton could change my thoughts, but having Cowan up the top has given Australia some stability that we haven't seen since, well Simon Katich.
3. Ponting
4. Watson

boi.

Burgey

Disappointed all the hype in the final 20 minutes was “Will Warner score 100?”. I was on the “Will Ed Cowan score 50?” bandwagon.

Total letdown.
Yes, understandable he was over shadowed, but Cowan batted wry well this arvo too.

Spark

Global Moderator
Watson'll be in an interesting place once he gets in the Test side. Hopefully the recent outburst of good batting will wake him up to the fact that fluent 50s thrown away with soft dismisals is just not good enough at this level.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
3. Ponting
4. Watson

boi.
Yeah I like it. Really don't care where Watson bats as long as it doesn't mean moving Clarke or Hussey into the top 4 though, so it pretty much means Watson himself has to bat top 4 unless we appoint Spikey as sole selector so Hussey gets dropped.

Spikey

Yeah I like it. Really don't care where Watson bats as long as it doesn't mean moving Clarke or Hussey into the top 4 though, so it pretty much means Watson himself has to bat top 4 unless we appoint Spikey as sole selector so Hussey gets dropped.
:cool:

Watson isn't coming back for Adl and well I still think one of Ponting or Hussey is playing their last test in Adl so

uvelocity

International Coach
what'd he say?
  • India have to work out how they will play outside of India
  • They are bowled over already
  • When Tendulkar and Dravid retire in a couple of years, where will Indian cricket be then?
  • He and cowan quite enjoy the attempts to sledge them
  • Sledging attempts make them want to "grind it back in their faces"
  • Hopefully we put on 500 and bowl them out again
  • Happy for Ed to take the shine off, he will double it and take off all the lacquer (lol!)

Virat said it will be different in India, Warner said we will average 10 more than you over there with your flat pitches lololol

Last edited:

sachin200

U19 12th Man
Ishant apparently told Warner that they will sort him out when he comes to India.. :laugh:

and warner replied that how is that possible considering it is flatter :laugh::laugh:

Spark

Global Moderator
What a ****ing legend.

And what a dumbass sledge. Want to make it any more obvious that you've given up? There's still theoretically nine days of Test cricket in this series, you know...

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Btw does anyone know what was said between Sharma and Warner, or the general gist of it at least?
Ishant isn't a good judge of a sledging target. Spotted him having a chat to Clarke when he was on about 300 in the last test, and now he's giving it to a bloke who has just smashed them all over the park for the 4th fastest century ever.

Might need to re-think his targets. The stumps would be the first thing I'd have a go at if I were Ishant.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Totally fair to trash BCCI, the Indian team leadership, any individual players, etc and those things, even if they are unfair (though in this case totally fair) have never bothered me but some of the borderline (and not so borderline) racist posts on facebook are very cringeworthy atm. Pretty disappointing.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Sledged Clarke when was on 150-odd IIRC.

Clarke then started to play some of the most absurd shots I've ever seen him play so that didn't turn out well either... (dropping him didn't help too ofc)