• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nathan lyon v mitchell starc

They both have the same wicket taking ability (given it's India), the same batting ability and fielding hardly matters. nathan lyon will get though his overs quicker while mitchell starc provides ryan harris break down cover. it's a pretty bad insurance policy it must be said though

AKA

No-one is the real winner imo

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really find it hard to believe Sehwag is creating a rift.

There may be a rift in the team, or some bitching, but I doubt Sehwag is the cause.
I read an interesting article in the last Inside Sport written by Brett Geeves about playing with Sehwag in the IPL. Geeves wasn't a huge fan of the bloke, and according to him Sehwag's ego was a little hard to take.

Not sure how true it is, but I guess, if India have dressing room issues, then it's not all that surprising. From the outside looking in, it seems like there's a lot of chatter about wanting to improve and so on...but nobody actually wants to change anything to see it happen. Positions in the hierarchy are more important than making improvements that benefit the team.

Son Of Coco

Naaaaah..Zaheer was quite right to hold Haddin to task. What right does a guy who averaged 20 in 2011 and is keeping like he has 10 thumbs have to call out India, completely unprompted? Let the Clarke's, the Husseys, the Siddles, the Pattinsons, the Pontings etc call them out because they've been contributing. Haddin has done absolutely zilch.

Always remember him as the guy who blatantly cheated in a Chappell Hadlee series when Broom was not out. Bring on the next guy
One thing I like about you Kiwis, you don't hold a grudge :happy:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
One thing I like about you Kiwis, you don't hold a grudge :happy:
I don't hold a grudge for that, I just do not like the guy one single bit. And I think if I was in a team, no matter how well we were going, I wouldn't pipe up and beat my chest if I wasn't contributing. Not my right.

They need to be ruthless like they were when Healy was in his last days.

uvelocity

International Coach
Commentators have been calling them brown's cows all tour so far on the telly when they are in the field too.

Haven't noticed anyone mention it. It's a common phrase here.

http://www.abc.net.au/newsradio/txt/s1837073.htm said:
Brown’s Cows

Presented by Kel Richards

Our mothers used to say to us: “Stop wandering about like brown’s cows.” There are two possible sources for this expression “brown’s cows”...

“wandering about like brown’s cows” means ambling around like a drunk. And that is the most likely source.
First there’s the obvious one: that cows are perceived as aimless animals and aimless behaviour (therefore) deserves comparison with cows. But cows are not aimless wanderers. As any dairy farmer will tell you, milking cows will walk on exactly the same path at exactly the same time every day. So we turn to the alternative explanation. And this is based on the fact that “brown cow” was once a humorous nickname for a barrel of beer (first recorded in 1725). The name may have come from the roundness of the barrel resembling the shape of a milking cow, and the milk that this cow gave was brown – not white. Based on this notion “wandering about like brown’s cows” means ambling around like a drunk. And that is the most likely source.

Last edited:

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
What do people reckon would be the best tactics against India at this stage in terms of the pitch prepared at the WACA? I'm not sure I'm liking the idea of a really green wicket, which is what is allegedly being prepared. Yes their batting is struggling, but ours is not exactly rock solid either, and I feel that putting out a green wicket makes the result too much of a wild card than is necessary. It's like the 2nd against test against NZ - anyone could win, and one inspiring performance from Zaheer or otherwise could be matchwinning. Usually I wouldn't be keen on the idea of putting out a relatively flat wicket against the Indian's, but in the current circumstances I think it would play into our hands the most. Our bowlers have looked far better in adverse conditions, and their batsmen seem to be struggling no matter what the condition. Fast, bouncy, but ultimately a good batting wicket for me.
This post makes sense. Green = Gamble

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Brown cows" describing an Asian team with lots of hindus in it? "Half arsed" would've done just as well.

Might've given a more switched on subbie pause for thought
Gives the Indians something to get upset about, I suppose.

howardj

International Coach
Am luke warm on Perth Tests

The whole ground leaves me cold, it's so far away, and the pitch is from planet Mars

That said, Channel Nine are showing the Test on GEM during the news bulletin

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dravid was asked if there had been any motivational talks. "It's not like we sat down and had a big meeting and discussed these things," he said. "There are lot of conversations that happen in the dressing room, over dinner and when we go go-karting"

:laugh: Rahul wag

social

Am luke warm on Perth Tests

The whole ground leaves me cold, it's so far away, and the pitch is from planet Mars

That said, Channel Nine are showing the Test on GEM during the news bulletin
Love the WACA when it's fast like last year

However, I wouldnt lose a night's sleep if I never watched another match at Adelaide

uvelocity

International Coach
I don't think its horrible. Different.

Someone bring up stats on how many results vs how many draws last 20 years pronto. pronto