• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Ruckus

International Captain
What do people reckon would be the best tactics against India at this stage in terms of the pitch prepared at the WACA? I'm not sure I'm liking the idea of a really green wicket, which is what is allegedly being prepared. Yes their batting is struggling, but ours is not exactly rock solid either, and I feel that putting out a green wicket makes the result too much of a wild card than is necessary. It's like the 2nd against test against NZ - anyone could win, and one inspiring performance from Zaheer or otherwise could be matchwinning. Usually I wouldn't be keen on the idea of putting out a relatively flat wicket against the Indian's, but in the current circumstances I think it would play into our hands the most. Our bowlers have looked far better in adverse conditions, and their batsmen seem to be struggling no matter what the condition. Fast, bouncy, but ultimately a good batting wicket for me.

Spark

Global Moderator
It took me quite a few seconds to work out where the pitch actually was. I assume they're leaving extra grass on because of the Perth heat.

I mean we're still a fair few days out, wouldn't read too much into that yet.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Wonder how Zaheer will go at Perth - never played there before.

Getting a little bit concerned about how the media is ganging up on the Indians. Could really fire them up. Just leave them alone, let them stew.

Last edited:

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Hah...and here I thought that all this ganging up against them by the fans and the media may inspire them to come out guns blazing in the next match.If their is an iota of truth in the news then really the team is playing with the emotions of their fans.
Sehwag has always made it known that he is not interested in captaincy so I assume this news is BS

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Really find it hard to believe Sehwag is creating a rift.

There may be a rift in the team, or some bitching, but I doubt Sehwag is the cause.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't think it's a case of kicking up fuss, just Sehwag being the man put up against Dhoni by whoever.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Really find it hard to believe Sehwag is creating a rift.

There may be a rift in the team, or some bitching, but I doubt Sehwag is the cause.
Yeah, would agree. Find that the thing that tends to cause disputes, rather than Sehwag's bluntness, is being two-faced - not something I think you could accuse him of.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

47 could be in trouble here
Lol. That looks like the Hobart deck, with added skull crushing bounce.

Mind you, Sydney looked green four days out, and it was a belter. I really hope Perth is fast and bouncy. DK is on the board there and has been saying his aim is to get it back to what it once was.