• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Midwinter

State Captain
Oh no, just when you think it is over , like waking from a bad dream, it starts again

"However Arthur said Marsh was a man who had been earmarked for a lengthy spell in the Australian top order, and would be persevered with."

All he had to say was that they would pick the best available team for each match.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just backing his boy. Nothing more paralysing than going out to bat thinking you're batting for your career every time. Got no problem with it, just trying to build confidence.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just backing his boy. Nothing more paralysing than going out to bat thinking you're batting for your career every time. Got no problem with it, just trying to build confidence.
Yeah AWTA. He rates Marsh and wants to give him a proper chance in the side to sink or swim; no issue.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Question for Indian fans...which bowling attack would you prefer to face out of the following (assuming Harris won't break down during the game) for the next test:

Harris, Siddle, Hilf, Lyon
Harris, Siddle, Hilf, Starc
Pattinson, Siddle, Hilf, Lyon
Pattinson, Siddle, Hilf, Starc
WE will get bowled even if it was Clarke, Haddin, Cowan and Warner bowling.. :)

But seriously, I think an attack of Harris, Hilfy and Pattinson would pose a lot of threat for India at Perth. I guess if Siddle is injured, it might be a blessing in disguise for them.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
WE will get bowled even if it was Clarke, Haddin, Cowan and Warner bowling.. :)

But seriously, I think an attack of Harris, Hilfy and Pattinson would pose a lot of threat for India at Perth. I guess if Siddle is injured, it might be a blessing in disguise for them.
Pattinson is injured, not Siddle, unless there's been a development today that I've missed.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
ha. I haven't been upto speed for the past two or three weeks, having taken up a new role at office.. Had enough time to watch cricket but haven't been reading sites and news much at all.. I thought when you guys talked of an injury in an earlier page, it was about Siddle when he seemed to have injured his knee attempting a catch of Zak in the last innings..

Sorry about that.

Midwinter

State Captain
Does that mean if Son of Swampy doesn't any runs in the next test, ie < 2, he will also play in the fourth test ?

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
If Tendulkar had already got his 100th 100, would India have performed better? Is the whole team being affected by this stupid milestone?

Maybe every series that India plays from now on, the opposition should hype up this 100th 100 which would affect Indian performance.

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
If Tendulkar had already got his 100th 100, would India have performed better? Is the whole team being affected by this stupid milestone?

Maybe every series that India plays from now on, the opposition should hype up this 100th 100 which could affect Indian performance.
Somehow I don't think they'll need to. :p

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain

Maybe every series that India plays from now on, the opposition should hype up this 100th 100 which could affect Indian performance.
I think the Indian team suffer in general from the way Tendulkar is held up on a pedestal above the rest of the them. This has been made worse recently by the 100 hundreds thing. Its probably hard to be motivated when you all feel like an afterthought to how many runs the no 4 makes.

Satguru

Banned
I think the Indian team suffer in general from the way Tendulkar is held up on a pedestal above the rest of the them. This has been made worse recently by the 100 hundreds thing. Its probably hard to be motivated when you all feel like an afterthought to how many runs the no 4 makes.
Dear god, no, as an internatonal standard batsman if you cant motivate yourself to perform over such petty issues, then you should just retire.And anyway, Sehwag, Dravid, VVS have been in the team for well over a decade and are pretty used to Tendulkar being put on a pedestal, it doesnt affect them.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Dear god, no, as an internatonal standard batsman if you cant motivate yourself to perform over such petty issues, then you should just retire.And anyway, Sehwag, Dravid, VVS have been in the team for well over a decade and are pretty used to Tendulkar being put on a pedestal, it doesnt affect them.
Exactly..these are all silly reasons.. the reason they are not performing as well as they should is because they haven't prepared well enough and are not at their best fitness levels.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There doesn't always have to be a reason. Sometimes you're just not as good as the opposition in the conditions you face. Fitness has definitely played a part in Zaheer progressively tailing off, and this has been pretty big for India given he's usually such a good old ball bowler, but for the mostpart I reckon they've just been outplayed. People said the same thing about the England series; they blamed all sorts of issues but the fact of the matter is that England are much better at cricket than India currently.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I didn't say it was an excuse, but I certainly don't think all the media attention on Tendulkar helps matters. For the same reason most sportsmen can't stand the media tbh.

Anyway Pews is right. Main reasons are poor athleticism and being outplayed.

Last edited: