• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The batsmen who made batting look the most arduous and difficult

Spark

Global Moderator
Oh yeah I remember that. Got an ironic cheer/round of applause at Adelaide for scoring a run after a truckload of dots, right?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Dravid made batting look ****ing difficult in the tour of Australia in 07/08. Was in horrible horrible form.

But agree with the general point that he normally doesn't make batting look difficult.

Am gobsmacked by Brumbeh's call on Usman itbt. Has batted slow in tests, but no way does he make it look difficult as such. Pleasure to watch his stroke play when he gets going. Would definitely call him elegant.
Which is probably why Brumby made that call. It's not something those of us who have only seen him in Tests have seen.

Spark

Global Moderator
Langer made batting look pretty difficult at times, but that's in a different sense - physically painful (from continually getting hit) would be a more apt description.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langer made batting look pretty difficult at times, but that's in a different sense - physically painful (from continually getting hit) would be a more apt description.
Clarke gets hit in the nuts every innings he plays.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Dravid made batting look ****ing difficult in the tour of Australia in 07/08. Was in horrible horrible form.

But agree with the general point that he normally doesn't make batting look difficult.

Am gobsmacked by Brumbeh's call on Usman itbt. Has batted slow in tests, but no way does he make it look difficult as such. Pleasure to watch his stroke play when he gets going. Would definitely call him elegant.
Only going on what I've seen so far. I'm sure our Australian readers have seen a lot more of him, but whenever I've had a gander he's looked like a chap who's so set on occupation he's almost forgotten runs matter and hasn't put away some of the bad balls that're there to be dispatched.

Might just be a mindset thing, but he's appeared to be making heavy going of tests to me. I've been wrong before, like.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He's a Pakistan-born New South Welshman. How untrustworthy can one man be? If he had a French grandparent I'd lock him up now, tbh.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dan Vettori #1 for me. Those awkward looking edgy shots through the slips, the majority of scoring shots behind square. Must be so frustrating to bowl to him.

Then Mike Atherton and Mathew Sinclair.

Pothas

Athers had his moments of class to be fair, loved his pull shot.

For a man who should belong in the thread that mirrors this Mark Ramprakash used to turn batting into a horrible kind of torture.

HeathDavisSpeed

Okay - maybe a little harsh, even though I hated Atherton as a batsman. Atherton post-back injury was incredibly awkward. Always squared up by any ball slightly short of a length outside off stump.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Steve Waugh often seemed to look awkward and jumpy early on in his innings. He would invariably weather the storm and go on to score yet another ****ing hundred.