• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

salman85

International Debutant
I'm having second thoughts about Gul's ability as a Test Match player.He's our most experieneced paceman right now,and will always be number one on the pecking order,but he really has a pretty average test match record.I wouldn't be against the idea of Cheema-Junaid-Wahab forming our Test Match pace attack.

I do hope Gul proves me wrong,and develops the same effectiveness that he has the shorter formats of the game.Comes across as a genuine trier,and has never been the center of controversy like so many of our previous fast bowlers.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still waiting for Cheema to play some quality opposition. He's done well up till now, but no one seems to rate him at all.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Gul has really improved in the last year or so. Waqar has worked really hard with him. And Cheema can crank it up to 140 if he wants to but is usually around the 137 mark.

Spark

Global Moderator
If any side could do it it's them (given that they currently have Stuart Broad and Graeme Swann batting at nine and ten respectively) but I don't see it personally. Strauss/Flower are pretty loath to experiment in that way.

EDIT: Yes, I'll be following this series properly (as I do all England series), so my post count is gonna get a real boost in the next few weeks...

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I have a feeling the dumb ***es are going to play Cheema instead of Junaid Khan in the first test.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Will England play 5 bowlers this series?
I still don't think it's that likely, but the way the ICC XI have recovered today has probably increased the chances slightly. Flower did it for the second Bangledash test in 2009/10.

It's dependent on Bresnan & Prior both being fit tho. If Prior's bruised finger or Bresnan's elbow don't respond it'll never happen.