• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Ruckus

International Captain

Butters would be a good call; can bowl into the wind, takes wickets for fun, would be an above average Test #8. Absolutely no chance though, even ignoring the fact that they've named the squad already.
Butterworth is fit again? He should have definately been picked if that is the case. Oh wait, I forgot, he's too slow.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
India in Australia 2011-12: Injured James Pattinson out of series | Cricket News | Australia v India | ESPN Cricinfo

Lol Mr Clarke... 1. You call India's run rate of 3.60 as restricting the scoring and building pressure? Fact is they got themselves out most of the time due to poor concentration, and possibly some of them are just sadly on the decline.

2. Well played for 329* but I think you may regret for the rest of your life declaring when you did... you prefer to have an extra day off than be the number 1 le...gend... even 66% of oz viewers voted on the vodafone app that they would have gone for record.

3. I think a lot of people will be happy this pattinson guy is injured... he is the brand new (and one of the worst) example of the dark side of ozzy - yobbo boorish behaviour. No respect for the game of cricket, opposition, or even umpires or own team mates (e.g. when a catch was dropped). Good riddance yobbo please come back when you have grown up some more. And stop trying to act like an even badder version of brett lee and peter siddle, this snarling is just not a good look.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Butterworth is fit again? He should have definately been picked if that is the case. Oh wait, I forgot, he's too slow.
Yeah he's been playing for the Thunder. I know that hasn't been deemed a good enough way to prove your fitness by the selectors but he was only injured for five minutes in the first place and he's not a traditionally injury-prone cricketer so I'm sure they haven't scrubbed him for that reason. He's just not rated.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India in Australia 2011-12: Injured James Pattinson out of series | Cricket News | Australia v India | ESPN Cricinfo

Lol Mr Clarke... 1. You call India's run rate of 3.60 as restricting the scoring and building pressure? Fact is they got themselves out most of the time due to poor concentration, and possibly some of them are just sadly on the decline.

2. Well played for 329* but I think you may regret for the rest of your life declaring when you did... you prefer to have an extra day off than be the number 1 le...gend... even 66% of oz viewers voted on the vodafone app that they would have gone for record.

3. I think a lot of people will be happy this pattinson guy is injured... he is the brand new (and one of the worst) example of the dark side of ozzy - yobbo boorish behaviour. No respect for the game of cricket, opposition, or even umpires or own team mates (e.g. when a catch was dropped). Good riddance yobbo please come back when you have grown up some more. And stop trying to act like an even badder version of brett lee and peter siddle, this snarling is just not a good look.
I find Kallis a selfish player. What are your thoughts?

benchmark00

lol.

Spark

Global Moderator

New contender for the most off-the-mark post in the thread. At least, in the last few days.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
25 wickets @ 18.

He can fart every time he releases his ball and spit on the batsman in his follow through for all I care tbh.

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah he's been playing for the Thunder. I know that hasn't been deemed a good enough way to prove your fitness by the selectors but he was only injured for five minutes in the first place and he's not a traditionally injury-prone cricketer so I'm sure they haven't scrubbed him for that reason. He's just not rated.
Honest to God, even if you take into consideration a bias towards pace, how you can put Starc above Butterworth on the selection list is beyond me.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
P.s. I can totally see why he declared... but it's almost like he overdid the perceived public pleasing popularity poll rather than take a little more time which noone would begrudge him to be The Man. And win even more respect by being the world record holder. At the end of the day, I may be wrong, but cricketers are remembered more for amazing feats than generous declarations to win with a day to spare... yes he can't have known it would be over when it was... but I do question which way another more ruthless skipper would have gone.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It may have been intended to be a joke - but it was just a dig at India basically. Poor form given you have just beaten them twice. Type of post I would associate with Bun.
Get off my case already FFS. You follow me around bringing up weird **** all the time. Can it.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
25 wickets @ 18.

He can fart every time he releases his ball and spit on the batsman in his follow through for all I care tbh.
Idiot. He'd end up banned then of course.

[Unless his father is match referee Chris Broad, in which case he would be allowed to anally probe the opposing batsmen and get away with it of course]

benchmark00

P.s. I can totally see why he declared... but it's almost like he overdid the perceived public pleasing popularity poll rather than take a little more time which noone would begrudge him to be The Man. And win even more respect by being the world record holder. At the end of the day, I may be wrong, but cricketers are remembered more for amazing feats than generous declarations to win with a day to spare... yes he can't have known it would be over when it was... but I do question which way another more ruthless skipper would have gone.
Will probably say there's a better than average chance of that.