• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good game between Canty and the Stags. Great little knock from Latham, and Milne bowled well too. With better fielding and more luck he would've gone for a lot fewer runs.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good game between Canty and the Stags. Great little knock from Latham, and Milne bowled well too. With better fielding and more luck he would've gone for a lot fewer runs.
lol, were you really watching? Milne bowled about 3 good deliveries all day... overall he was quite disappointing. Weird you'd go out of your way to mention how well he bowled in your review tbh

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I have high hopes for Latham now after watching that inning.

blackcaps.co.nz lists his List A average a whopping 42 from just a few knocks (7)

But dissapointingly his FC average is at 25.

Looking into my crystal ball I see that FC average climbing rapidly. Such a beautiful striker of the ball. He's not even 20 yet.

Will definitely get a run for a limited overs NZ team at stage in his career just hope his FC form picks up.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
lol, were you really watching? Milne bowled about 3 good deliveries all day... overall he was quite disappointing. Weird you'd go out of your way to mention how well he bowled in your review tbh
Disagree i spose. Thought he was comfortably the best of the CD seamers. He overdid the slowerballs in his first over, but after that generally bowled a better length than previously and mixed up his pace well.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think Pollard is ready but I definitely think he's an international player of the future. Clean striker, good eye. Hira, you'd suggest his numbers are worthy of it but I don't think he's set for a step up. Didn't make an impact in the CL qualifiers, hasn't been picked for NZ A etc. And Wilson...if he wasn't in pink, Doull wouldn't have any interest in him. I could name a dozen better options.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Jeez the Dominion post had strong words for the firebirds today Northern Districts flog floundering Firebirds | Stuff.co.nz

Cachopa's elevation above James Franklin and Elliott was curious. It made little sense to send a boy on a man's errand and even less when Cachopa was bowled, for one, playing a shot that looked decidedly school-boyish.
Trent Boult was made to look unplayable in his first couple of overs yesterday.

BJ Watling kept and the article speculates he may be the next test keeper.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Someone tell Jeetan Patel to either become a better batsman or to take his batting less seriously. I think he made 3 runs yesterday. But to watch him walk out to bat you would think he was planning on a century. Lots of high leg kicks to warm himself up. Followed by some vigorous practice shots. And then finally a conference with the other batsman before taking guard.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Someone tell Jeetan Patel to either become a better batsman or to take his batting less seriously. I think he made 3 runs yesterday. But to watch him walk out to bat you would think he was planning on a century. Lots of high leg kicks to warm himself up. Followed by some vigorous practice shots. And then finally a conference with the other batsman before taking guard.
Should he have just went out there timidly and shouldered his arms FFS.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Should he have just went out there timidly and shouldered his arms FFS.
Just do it like Andy McKay IMO. Just walk out there quickly. Carry the bat in one hand and take guard.

If you were in my club team and you did all those things and made 3 runs you would be fined $10 at least.