• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Ruckus

International Captain
What a horrible ****ing piece of **** pitch that was!
In the context of the pitches Australia have had to play on for the last while, it was actually quite a good change to have one heavily favouring the batsmen. That being said, however, I hope the SCG doesn't produce any more of those, because it was a massive road offering nothing for pace or spin, and frankly was a let down considering the SCGs recent pitches which have been awesome.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The good news for India is that, under Fletcher, they seem to have finally got rid of their first Test of the series blues. They were more competitive in the first Test against England than any of the subsequent games and it looks like that trend is continuing against Australia. Peaking at the right time.

Spark

Global Moderator
The good news for India is that, under Fletcher, they seem to have finally got rid of their first Test of the series blues. They were more competitive in the first Test against England than any of the subsequent games and it looks like that trend is continuing against Australia. Peaking at the right time.
:laugh:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great win. Apart from seeing Clarke, Ponting,and Hussey do well it was also nice to see our bowling unit keep it together on a wicket that wasn't entirely helpful in the second innings. Has been the most pleasing thing coming out of recent tests for me. Watching the **** we served up over the couple of years prior to this has been hard work. Hope they continue to be consistent.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Holy ****.

Spartan Sports (which is based in Wollongong) is looking likely to be Clarke's new sponsor.

I've seen them make some horrible bats. This will take them through the roof.

Spark

Global Moderator
Is that just for the sponsorship stickers? Because somehow I don't think Clarke will want to be changing bats for a while.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is that just for the sponsorship stickers? Because somehow I don't think Clarke will want to be changing bats for a while.
Yeah would be just stickers I'd imagine, but part of the reason Clarke split with Slazenger was because he wanted Slazenger to create a greater range of 'Michael Clarke products'.

So we're going to see alot more club cricketers using Spartan bats in the future.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah would be just stickers I'd imagine, but part of the reason Clarke split with Slazenger was because he wanted Slazenger to create a greater range of 'Michael Clarke products'.

So we're going to see alot more club cricketers using Spartan bats in the future.
Well, good thing for them after their latest high profile signing had a case of, well, bad timing.

TBF Mitch did bat pretty well with it.

Xuhaib

International Coach
heres that Hilf ball for anyone who wants to replay it over and over again:

SCG 2nd Test Day 4 Tea - YouTube

Amazing delivery. I don't think this is even possible but it almost looks like inswing and then suddenly a little outswing.
Good ball but VVS and Michal Vaughan do have a habit of providing eye popping clean bowled moments. As for your second statement yes its possible Umer Gul was bowling quite a few of those with the new ball during the recent series with SL