• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Its stupid to blame Fletcher for those losses. I mean, I doubt he helped, but its the players who ****ed up.

He'll be used as the scapegoat I guess. Don't think it'll make much difference.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Rahul Dravid's stats in Australia outside of 03/04 tour

:@:@:@:@:@:@:@
Yeah, he somewhat can struggle with the extra bounce + movement + pace both in South Africa and Australia.

His technique is made for the moving ball in England though. Hopefully finds the form that he had coming into this series soon.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Its stupid to blame Fletcher for those losses. I mean, I doubt he helped, but its the players who ****ed up.

He'll be used as the scapegoat I guess. Don't think it'll make much difference.
It's hard to judge from outside and ultimately either way it is down to the players, but the batting has gone to **** since he joined and the bowling hasn't improved much either.

The lack of strategies for batsman or on how to deal with certain bowlers is what is most worrying though.

Edit - Come to think of it, haven't seen many comments or a plan with regards to upcoming players and how to integrate them too and still unsure as to who he and Dhoni back.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ashwin is gun.

Finding rare positives in a disastrous test :ph34r:
Yeah, your spinner taking 0/157 is always a positive, especially when you're playing a four man attack...

I went on record before the series saying that Ashwin's batting was roughly as good as his bowling at this point and that he'd score more runs that Dhoni in the series but India would be probably benefit a lot more from him getting a golden every time he batted if he could average under 35 with the pill.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ashwin didn't exactly have much to bowl with when Dhoni was so quickly on the defense. Looked reasonable at the bowling crease.

Either way, I'd rather play Ashwin at six than see Suresh Raina back in the test team

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
It's hard to judge from outside and ultimately either way it is down to the players, but the batting has gone to **** since he joined and the bowling hasn't improved much either.

The lack of strategies for batsman or on how to deal with certain bowlers is what is most worrying though.

Edit - Come to think of it, haven't seen many comments or a plan with regards to upcoming players and how to integrate them too and still unsure as to who he and Dhoni back.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Fletcher fan and don't think he fits the Indian side, but using him as a scapegoat is just papering the cracks.

Spark

Global Moderator
Taking out all the slips to Yadav early on Day 2 when Clarke was on 60-odd was just the worst. Just a basic lack of cricketing sense.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a horrible ****ing piece of **** pitch that was!

For India to be beaten by an innings on that is nothing short of a disgrace and that's without trying to take anything away from our 3-man attack who, on the whole, tried their guts out and were pretty disciplined