• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Did not catch a ball until the last 10 overs of yesterday and am I glad. Clarke ,Hussey and Ponting take a bow indeed. When a team amasses 600 odd for 1 wicket it is just special regardless of how crappy India were.

As an Indian supporter this was distressing even when I was checking the scores every half hour or so. I do not think it is going to get better in the near future. Some real poor batting in the first innings, bowling and captaincy too.

Something has to give if we lose the series 4-0 which is so very likely. Dhoni needs to be removed from the protected list. How much longer can Laxman and Dravid go on? Failure in this series should see Laxman out. Sehwag must also be on notice. It gets irritating to hear "That is how he plays".

Doctor

School Boy/Girl Captain
No what they need is more action off the field.
Not sure if intimate performance would enhance their game atm, tbh. Sure, not only would it give them confidence if they could, uh, be able to... er... get the other person across the finish line, but, also, when males themselves 'win the race', they feel over the moon. Cricketers would perform differently - some would exhume newly found confidence, some would bask in the confidence they always have, and maybe, because of this confidence, some will be distracted from the game. Additionally, iirc, when males finally 'win the test match', or 'series' if we're talking multiple partners, they actually become drowsy, thus affecting the concentration of the cricketers.

If these sort of relations were to happen as some sort of pre-game ritual, then one shouldn't be surprised if adverse effects were to be had.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Did not catch a ball until the last 10 overs of yesterday and am I glad. Clarke ,Hussey and Ponting take a bow indeed. When a team amasses 600 odd for 1 wicket it is just special regardless of how crappy India were.

As an Indian supporter this was distressing even when I was checking the scores every half hour or so. I do not think it is going to get better in the near future. Some real poor batting in the first innings, bowling and captaincy too.

Something has to give if we lose the series 4-0 which is so very likely. Dhoni needs to be removed from the protected list. How much longer can Laxman and Dravid go on? Failure in this series should see Laxman out. Sehwag must also be on notice. It gets irritating to hear "That is how he plays".
On days 2 and 3 how many chances did India actually create?

When Ponting got out I initially thought we must have been watching a replay of Ponting getting out to Sharma in the past because it was so against the run of play - and apart from Clarke getting beaten a couple of times by Sharma on day 3, I don't recall India ever looking like taking a wicket - I certainly don't remember India ever appealing.

Doctor

School Boy/Girl Captain

When Ponting got out I initially thought we must have been watching a replay of Ponting getting out to Sharma in the past because it was so against the run of play - and apart from Clarke getting beaten a couple of times by Sharma on day 3, I don't recall India ever looking like taking a wicket - I certainly don't remember India ever appealing.
The only clear chance, that I can remember, came was when Clarke was on 182. Sharma bowled, and Clarke pushed/nudged it towards the bowler, whose reflexes weren't sharp enough, and the catch went down. Tough chance, but wouldn't have taken, say, Rhodes-esque fielding.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The only clear chance, that I can remember, came was when Clarke was on 182. Sharma bowled, and Clarke pushed/nudged it towards the bowler, whose reflexes weren't sharp enough, and the catch went down. Tough chance, but wouldn't have taken, say, Rhodes-esque fielding.
He didn't nudge it though, he went for a full blooded drive.

Spark

Global Moderator
It was one of those smashes down the ground he only plays post-100 - you have to be very, very lucky to catch that even if it's mistimed because he hit that seriously hard.

Cruxdude

International Debutant

Didn't see much of days 2 and 3. But from what I saw on Day 1, there was a lot of play and misses from Clarke before he settled down and played beautifully.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Btw, the next "big away" Indian series seems to be in November 2013. Enough time to get to no.1 rank again. :ph34r:

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also to state the obvious: Clarke was immense.

I feel justified of my last 2 years of bitching about Dhoni's field settings now that there are all these articles and comments in the public after the MCG test and during this SCG test criticising Dhoni's tactics.

Had a huge love/hate relationship with Dhoni for a while. I blew my top during the third test vs. South Africa when he basically denied India any chance of winning a historic series in South Africa, but then the **** goes out and wins the World Cup to make it hard to dislike his captaincy. But this series he's been a deadset joke.

Briony

International Debutant

Apart from the caught and bowled I can't recall any either. The pitch was flat but the bowling flatter and certainly didn't flatter their collective stats. It is some of the most pedestrian trundling I've seen in years.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They clearly gave up. That takes nothing away from Clarke, because it was his innings that made them give up. Brilliant from him.

Would have been hard for the players to look themselves in the mirror after those two days.

If they ended up 3/30 it would have been even worse. At least they're doing ok with the bad (for now - could get ugly today if it doesn't rain).

Cruxdude

International Debutant
They clearly gave up. That takes nothing away from Clarke, because it was his innings that made them give up. Brilliant from him.

Would have been hard for the players to look themselves in the mirror after those two days.

If they ended up 3/30 it would have been even worse. At least they're doing ok with the bad (for now - could get ugly today if it doesn't rain).
This team seems to be giving up far too often and without much of an excuse. Once a tailender comes in, they give up trying to get the wicket of the better batsman. The field setting has been horrendous. People who saw the game, did Dhoni get the field up at least when both Ponting and Clarke were trying to reach their century before lunch or when Clarke was nearing a 300?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Out of curiosity, is that next away series or next series outside of the subcontinent?
Outside the SC. Just one away series to Srilanka till then.

(And maybe one to PAK, can be arranged somewhere).

Last edited: