• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I would really like to see Lyon, a potential long-term spinner, given more of a chance against the Indians, so he can prove his class on Australian soil. In that over against Sehwag (that over that went for ~13 runs), he showed promise by not being afraid to keep pitching it up, and he almost had him caught.
Hmm, but it's easier when you can stick everyone on the boundary and trust that the batsman is going to try to clear the MCG ropes anyway. He was useful in that instance as a spazz-inducing tactic but bowling him to the Indians is usually just a waste of time.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What a game for an Indian Fan.. I wish there was a "Here is the hole we have dug up for Indian Fans" thread on CW.. ;)

Seriously though, poor poor batting performance by India first up and Aussie seniors showed us how it is done. Got SO much respect for Clarke now.. Have always been a fan of his batting but his approach to captaincy has been refreshing. Still think he is a wee bit fast in getting on the defensive but hey, he is no patch on Dhoni. Of course, a defensive captain does not necessarily mean a bad captain anyways, no matter what Ian Chappell tells us. :)

Great to see blokes like Ponting and Hussey get in the runs, although I have a funny feeling this will work out to Australia's harm in the long run than benefit. You may just have to end up playing these guys against a better bowling side where they may well start failing again.

But well done, Australia. India planned better for this tour than the English tour but they have shown up that this is just 20%. If they put in half the planning for A tours and player work load management that they do for IPL and CLT20, we will be so much better shape.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
What a game for an Indian Fan.. I wish there was a "Here is the hole we have dug up for Indian Fans" thread on CW.. ;)

Seriously though, poor poor batting performance by India first up and Aussie seniors showed us how it is done. Got SO much respect for Clarke now.. Have always been a fan of his batting but his approach to captaincy has been refreshing. Still think he is a wee bit fast in getting on the defensive but hey, he is no patch on Dhoni. Of course, a defensive captain does not necessarily mean a bad captain anyways, no matter what Ian Chappell tells us. :)

Great to see blokes like Ponting and Hussey get in the runs, although I have a funny feeling this will work out to Australia's harm in the long run than benefit. You may just have to end up playing these guys against a better bowling side where they may well start failing again.

But well done, Australia. India planned better for this tour than the English tour but they have shown up that this is just 20%. If they put in half the planning for A tours and player work load management that they do for IPL and CLT20, we will be so much better shape.
Unlucky mate.

Though I disagree with you on Dhoni. :p

chicane

State Captain
That wasn't good to read. The mood in the Indian camp must really suck. Fingers crossed this ****ty phase runs out and this series stays alive.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
We have three 38 year olds in the side. One portly 33 year old opener. Just **** off all of them..let us at least lose dignity with some young legs in the field. I was gobsmacked when Laxman, before the tour, said he had no thoughts about retiring. Great bat and all, but now that the runs have gone AWOL, someone please put the cripple out to graze.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Would rather smash them 5-0 tbh
I'd love nothing more than England to dominate over the next couple of years, with a resurgent Australia climbing to number 2 - a sort of inverse to the build up to 2005 (yes I'm aware that Australia side dominated for longer). It would be epic, particularly as it's back to back series.

Then we can smash them 5-0. Twice.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd love nothing more than England to dominate over the next couple of years, with a resurgent Australia climbing to number 2 - a sort of inverse to the build up to 2005 (yes I'm aware that Australia side dominated for longer). It would be epic, particularly as it's back to back series.

Then we can smash them 5-0. Twice.
:sick:... :puke:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe, Aussies need to find a few bats first.
You can probably rest assured your own batsmen have watched both Pattinson and Cummins quite closely. Word gets around.

No surprise though that the traditional cricketing powers are encumbered with the responsibility of returning test cricket to its rightful place while the lesser nations focus on T20 trivialities.