• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

MrPrez

International Debutant
Honestly Boucher isn't that bad, just having an absolute shocker.

Must still lose his place though because of his batting. Bring in Kuhn or smit.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lanka please bat on for two more days..I want to see more of the passionate and dedicated female cricket fans of South Africa.

Beleg

International Regular
kallis bowled with some serious venom todai

there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that he's the greatest player of his generation - though the likes of muralitharan and shane warne run him close.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Ok well assuming SL collapse to Steyn and Philander tommorow morning, here are my series marks out of ten:

SL

Pirana - 3 Failed totally and was correctly dropped
Thirimanne - 4 Also Failed but has eaten up slightly more time this test
Dilshan - 1 ****e batting, one fifty in the series and has lost the series by inserting SA in the third test, can GAGF
Sanga - 6 scored a century but too many failures tbh
Mahela - 4 Similar but no century. Should be under pressure for his place.
Sam - 8 Has proved his doubters wrong and shown real guts this series.
Matthews - 6 Bright sparks here and there but disappointing
Silva - 3 did nothing
Chandimal - 8 Definite plus for SL, looks a quality long term prospect
Perera - 1 Abysmal. Should not be playing test cricket.
Herath - 6 Is definitely a test quality spinner, has done about as much as could be expected from him.
Welegedara - 7 First SL seamer to take a five wicket haul since Malinga I think. Step in the right direction for SL.
Fernando - 5 Bowled a few good spells, and a few ****e ones.
Prasad - 4 Potential but hasn't acheived anything this test so can't give him anything more than 4.

SA
Smith - 1 Overrated, untalented, fat **** who can't bat anymore and needs to go. Bring in someone fresh ASAP.
Rudolph - 3 Failed as an opener, could make a comeback in the middle order though.
Virus - 9 Brilliant return. Should never have been dropped.
Amla - 6 has looked great almost every innings but hasn't gone on at all. Perhaps a bit unlucky.
Kallis - 7, for his amazing performance this test. Shame about the pair.
ABD - 8 Great series with the bat for him, sparkling knock this test.
Prince - 2 was terribad and deservedly dropped
Boucher - 1 Can't score runs, and now can't keep either. Same boat as Smith, is a dinosaur taking up a place merited by a younger man. Needs to GAGF.
Philander - 10 Peerless.
Steyn - 9 Not as good as Philander.
De Lange - 8 Not as good as Steyn.
Morkel - 6 Not as good as De Lange.
Tahir - 7 Epic celebrations. Much better than Harris.

Last edited:

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Ok well assuming SL collapse to Steyn and Philander tommorow morning, here are my series marks out of ten:

SL

Dilshan - 1 ****e batting, one fifty in the series and has lost the series by inserting SA in the third test, can GAGF
Silva - 3 did nothing
Herath - 6 Is definitely a test quality spinner, has done about as much as could be expected from him.
Welegedara - 7 First SL seamer to take a five wicket haul since Malinga I think. Step in the right direction for SL.
Prasad - 4 Potential but hasn't acheived anything this test so can't give him anything more than 4.

SA
Smith - 1 Overrated, untalented, fat **** who can't bat anymore and needs to go. Bring in someone fresh ASAP.
Rudolph - 3 Failed as an opener, could make a comeback in the middle order though.
Amla - 6 has looked great almost every innings but hasn't gone on at all. Perhaps a bit unlucky.
Boucher - 1 Can't score runs, and now can't keep either. Same boat as Smith, is a dinosaur taking up a place merited by a younger man. Needs to GAGF.
Philander - 10 Peerless.
a bit harsh on Smith, he scored a century last series and averages 49. Yes he has gained and thats unacceptable, but id rather have him than Dilshan as Captain and Opener. As for Boucher for me this should be his last series. He is not as good as before. Rudolph is a lucky bastard IMO. Should have been dropped. And as for Thisara Perera all il say is dreadful. Mathews must give up with the ball he is not an allrounder.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I'm biased against Smith, have never liked him tbh. I agree Rudolph has been fortunate. Would have given RR a chance in the middle order personally.

Himannv

International Coach

SL

Silva - 3 did nothing

SA
Philander - 10 Peerless.
Fairly good calls here.

Bahaha Mahela under pressure for his place
Ditto.