• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Xuhaib

International Coach
he might nick one in the next over but this has been a fair effort by Gambhir, respect where its due.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
for 7 consecutive maidens? Not too sure about that. Credit to Sach and GG if they actually manage to remain not out despite not scoring though.
I see your point, but if one of them plays on the up at one and nicks it, they'll be trolled to death.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the bowling has been really good but it's not even about playing shots...the point is they can try to work the ball around for singles or twos without taking that much of a risk...

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
the bowling has been really good but it's not even about playing shots...the point is they can try to work the ball around for singles or twos without taking that much of a risk...
To work the ball around for singles and twos would involve playing probing shots at deliveries pitched outside off. That is exactly what Australia are trying to get the Indian batsmen to do right now.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Surely they need to attack the stumps now? I mean there's 3 overs to go and it's pretty obvious these guys aren't gonna after a wide one now. They need to get them playing more.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
To work the ball around for singles and twos would involve playing probing shots at deliveries pitched outside off. That is exactly what Australia are trying to get the Indian batsmen to do right now.
i don't think it has been that unplayable...for me this kind of approach is clearly more about the batsmen's mindset than about the quality of the bowling...both these players are natural stroke players and the way they are playing now, it is certainly not natural...and as i type, tendulkar narrowly escapes a played on...and gambhir is dropped...

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
i don't think it has been that unplayable...for me this kind of approach is clearly more about the batsmen's mindset than about the quality of the bowling...both these players are natural stroke players and the way they are playing now, it is certainly not natural...and as i type, tendulkar narrowly escapes a played on...
So what shot should they be playing? I don't think a safe shot exists to this stuff.

FFS, dropped catch.