• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

adub

International Captain
At this stage you'll be looking to bat til all out. If that hasn't happened by tea then you might look at your position, but it's just get in and bat for the next two sessions.

Spark

Global Moderator
Ashwin has been a bit of a joke this series. Always a big risk debuting people against the Windies, as even Bhaji would have taken wickets and scored runs against them. Thought Ohja was unlucky to miss out.

Aus should look to pull out after or just before tea with a 400+ lead. Plenty of time for Clarke to get 300+. If it wasn't a "live" match, I wouldn't mind seeing him go for Lara's record.
If Aus bat as long as most people say they should and Clarke is still there, he'll go past or get very close to Lara's record.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Mate, Clarke could still be batting on day five if that's the declaration criteria.

I really see no point in batting past tea.
I meant today.

No declaration today = 700+ on the board, gives India 2 days to bat out and no chance of a win. Unless there's a dodgy forecast, there really isn't much to gain by declaring IMO.

aussie tragic

International Captain
With that shot Clarke becomes the 12th highest runscorer for Australia (past Gilchrist) and 12th highest score (past Bradman's 254)

Spark

Global Moderator
Really reminiscent of yesterday morning, this. Clarke quiet with singles whilst the other guy makes the early running.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not content with bowling as if they're in England, Dhoni's decided to bring back his wicketkeeping "standards" from that tour.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would love to know what the rotator would clock Swann, or indeed, Warne, at.
Yeah we'll find out eventually. I'm keen for it.

I remember reading an article a few years back that suggested that Swann and Krejza were way ahead of other world finger spinners in terms of revs when they first started looking at ways to measure it.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well India have improved in one respect - they're not bowling on his pads. Yet.

EDIT: haha wtf was that about?

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
I meant today.

No declaration today = 700+ on the board, gives India 2 days to bat out and no chance of a win. Unless there's a dodgy forecast, there really isn't much to gain by declaring IMO.
There is something to be gained. India will have to bat after spending most of the day in the field. They'll be tired and have to face the prospect of surviving till stumps, only to have to start again in the morning.

Also...
Sydney Forecast